Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's Fall Ya'll


This is only my second post - so bear with me I am learning!
I love fall!  I love the autumn colors, pumpkins, sunflowers and changing leaves.  Here in the South the leaves are not changing yet, but in a few more weeks they will be beautiful.  Above is the table near the front door with my fall pretties.  I love the Jim Shore bunny - his basket can be changed out for each season.  He was my Mother's Day present from my daughter Amber, who recently passed away.  I never would have thought it would be the last Mother's Day gift she would give me.  I love it with all my heart and will treasure it always!  For fall he has his basket of fall bounty.  The fall scarecrow is also Jim Shore.  I think he is too cute.  Can you tell I love fall?

This is my autumn wreath on the front door.  Did I mention I love sunflowers?  I used things I had around the house and in my craft room to make this wreath.  Most of it is leftovers from other projects.  I spent maybe $4 to make it.  What little bit I did buy was from the Dollar Tree and I had the sunflowers already.
This my cloche I put together for fall.  I love the white pumpkins!
This is my coffee table arrangement this year.  It was made from pumpkins and items from previous years.
My autumn basket I use on the fireplace hearth was a basket I already had and a piece of apple fabric I found in my sewing room and I layered  it in the bottom and filled with pumpkins.  It sure does brighten up the brick hearth this time of year.

This is  a pumpkin topiary I made several years ago. The top pumpkin is leaning a little bit!  Maybe next year I will revamp it.  I use it at the front door.

This is hanging on my pantry door.  
I purchased it from one of my favorite stores, Hobby Lobby and added a few leaves and flowers to it.

So that is it for now I have other fall pretties I will post later and maybe a tablescape for fall.
Thanks for visiting.  I hope you enjoyed my fall decorations.
Thank you for visiting!
Donna

13 comments:

Nicole said...

Your front door is so pretty and welcoming Donna! I think the leaning pumpkin topiary is positively whimsical. Don't change a thing! I was just thinking this morning that I need to do something with my front door area. Chrysanthemums and a couple of pumpkins are what I need.
Welcome to blogging!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What a SPECIAL wreath you have there...I know that you will always treasure it. The topiary is sooooo pretty...it's my fav...hope you have a HAPPY FALL! Come by for a visit sometime.

Blessings,
Linda

niartist said...

Oh this is just beautiful! Definitely a fantastic way to ring in fall! Oh, and if you're going to be doing any spooky Halloween decor, stop by my blog for a how-to and a giveaway! I hope you can!

Marie said...

Hello Donna - what fabulous Fall decor you have! I especially love the pumpkin topiary! Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Everything is very pretty! Thanks for sharing.
Welcome to the world of blogging. Just a warning - it is very addictive. :-)

9405018--Pat said...

Everything looks so pretty....thanks for sharing...Pat H

Half of the Style Sisters said...

Welcome to the blogging world :) You are doing a fabulous job on all your decor. I am so sorry to hear that you recently lost a daughter. My heart goes out to you.

Karin

Thelma said...

Wow, it all looks great, and very inviting, makes me want to get going on my fall decorating, hopefully this weekend.

Rhonda Gaffney said...

Hi Donna! I'm new too and it is amazing how welcoming all of these wonderful blogging women are. It astounds me how we can all be so warm and nice to one another in blog land but in real life, women seem to do the opposite. Your fall decor looks fabulous!

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Donna, I love all your fall decorations. The Jim Shore bunny is wonderful. And your wreath is one of the prettiest I've seen. You remain in my prayers for peace and comfort. I know the days are hard. As much as I grieve and miss my dear Vann, I know my loss can't compare to the loss of a child. Let Amber live in your heart, Donna, and Vann will live in mine until I'm with him again someday.
I like your blog a lot and look forward to many more great posts. I've found one of the greatest comforts to me all during Vann's illness and since his death has been being able to express my thoughts on my blog--and even more, then love and care I've received from the wonderful friends, like you, who read it and leave comments. God bless you, Donna. He loves you, and he's taking real good care of your Amber and my Vann.

Audra said...

Donna, I a started my blog about three months ago and have been touched by so many in the blogging community. Welcome aboard. I also lost a daughter nearly two years ago and though the pain is still constant, I am lifted up by the memories of her and the great times and laughter we shared. My you find peace and comfort in your memories as you grieve.

Love the fall decor...

mississippi artist said...

Donna, I recently started a blog and I am learning-don't give up- do it for you and noone else. Love your fall decor!

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

LOVE all your beautiful fall decor...especially your wreath! It's stunning!