Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Well Here Goes...

My name is Donna and I have been reading other blogs for about a year now and they are so inspiring! I have had a major change in my life in the last 2 months and I feel like I need a new outlet. I recently lost my 29 year old daughter, Amber (who I cared for 24/7) and I hope starting a blog helps with my loss (along with the Good Lord's prayers) and keeps my mind occupied. I also have another daughter, Jennifer (28) who is just recently engaged! She tries to "keep me on my toes" and always keeps me laughing.
My husband is the best husband in the world and is my "rock". Without him I don't know where I would be. We have been married 32 years. He is also my best friend.
I love to sew, quilt, garden, try to decorate, and bake. I will try to post pics of my home, garden and quilts I have made. So bear with me and I am going to give this blogging thing a try! I would love to hear from other bloggers and friends so please leave me your comments.

4 comments:

Thelma said...

Welcome fellow blogger, I see you took the plunge!

WOW, your blog looks great, very professional!

Great Name, it's very clever and you. You're lucky it wasn't already taken!

I'm so excited to be your first comment!

Good Luck!

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Hi Donna,
Oh, now I know you are, sweet friend! So nice to put a face with a name. You are going to love blogging...and it will definitely keep you busy! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful quilt work!
Susan
P.S. I'm so sorry about your loss...Amber was truly blessed to have such loving parents.

Denise said...

You have been inspired by the blogs you read. Now, you are the one doing the inspiring.

I have been browsing blogs listed in Rhoda's "It's Fall Y'all" post. When I came to yours, I spent ages admiring your quilts - wonderful.

Then I came to your first post and read about Amber. A million thoughts have run through my head. Everything I can think of sounds trite. Just know that a stranger from Georgia is sending love your way.

I look forward to reading your blog and seeing many happy days in your future.

Camille said...

Dear Donna ~ I'm here today looking back into your archives. What a blessing that you were encouraged by your daughter to begin your own blog. It really is a lovely thing to do! I think she was wise to advise you to begin as a way to help your heart heal. The Lord is so good to us, isn't He? May He give you day by day the grace and strength you need. It such a blessing to know that your Amber is with Him. One day, the Lord will take you Home as well! I want you to know that I have appreciated your kind words and your sweet encouragement over at my place. You are a blessing! Hugs to you! Camille XO