Thursday, October 22, 2009

Chicken and Bean Soup Buffalo Style



Rhoda with Southern Hospitality is having a Recipe Party and I thought I would share this tasty easy soup that was published in our local paper a couple of years ago.
It was one of Amber's (my daughter who recently passed away) favorite soups.  I couldn't bear to make it until Saturday when her best friend came by to visit.  I decided it was the perfect time to make it and remember how Amber enjoyed it every time I prepared it.  I hope you give it a try.

Thank you Rhoda for hosting this fun party!  I recently met Rhoda and she is as sweet and gracious as you would imagine. 
I can't wait to read everyone's recipes.
Please visit all of the other participants at http://southernhospitalityblog.com/


Chicken and Bean Soup Buffalo Style

2 t. oil
2 T minced onions
1 can (4 ounces) chopped mild green chiles
2 T McCormick’s Buffalo Wing seasoning mix
2 cans (16 ounces each) Northern beans
1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breasts
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack/ Colby cheese
1/3 cup prepared ranch dressing

Saute the onion in the oil until tender, but do not brown. Stir in chiles and seasoning mix. Add beans, chicken and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a gentle bubble. Cook for about 10 min. stirring occasionally. Add cheese and stir until melted. Stir in ranch dressing. Serve warm with cornbread or tortilla chips.

Thanks for visiting,
Donna

18 comments:

PAT said...

Great recipe, Donna. Sounds delish!

Allison Shops said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

I'm a true Southern Alabama girl myself.

So sorry for the loss of your daughter.

Southern Lady said...

Donna, your soup sounds so good -- perfect for cool fall days.

My heart goes out to you in the loss of your daughter.

Sincerely,

Janie at Southern Lagniappe

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sounds scrumptious!!!I always love me some warm soup on cold days...thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Linda

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. I have two little girls, and I can't imagine what you must be feeling.

I think it was brave of you to make one of your daughter's favorite recipes. It sounds delicious. :)

I hope God sends you a special peace today.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That sounds very good. I'll be trying it.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds so good - thanks for sharing.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Donna, that sounds delish! We love soups, I'll have to try this one. Thanks so much for joining the party.

Shari said...

Dear sweet Donna, I just read your comment on Sugar Pie Farmhouse. I cried so deeply and poured out my heart to God on your behalf. I remember reading where author and speaker, Elisabeth Elliot, said "just do the next thing." I imagine that is what you are trying to do, small steps. May God strenghten you as you take each step. Hugs and love to you.

sweetjeanette said...

Donna, dropping by from Southern Hospitality. Thanks for sharing the recipe, and that two-tone cookie recipe below sounds fantastic! I absolutely love the quilt top you pictured too!
Come see me sometime...I'd be thrilled!

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

Oh my! This sounds AMAZING! I love Buffalo wings so I can't wait to try this!

heartnsoulcooking said...

My family love buffalo wings and thought of making a soup that taste like them sounds wonderful.
Sorry to hear about your daughter, yes she's an angel in heaven. May God bless your family and you.
Geri

Stacey said...

Donna, I just came over for my first visit. So nice to meet you! I've been scanning through several posts. Just had to say that I'm so sorry you lost your precious daughter. I can't even imagine. When you share a story like that in blogland many, many people will be thinking and praying for you. I hope that brings a little comfort.

Allyson said...

Sounds great! I'll have to try it!

Carrie said...

Donna,

I'm so sorry about your daughter. I hope and pray that you can find comfort and peace...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Donna...this sounds sooo yummy! I will save this to my favorites file! I know Amber was there with you in spirit...and she always will be.
Love,
Susan

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Thanks for the soup recipe. It sounds so good.

busyascanbe said...

Thanks for the idea of a recipe party!! That sound like such a fun way to enjoy your friends!