Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Planning a Wedding

In my previous posts I have told you about Amber my Angel in Heaven. 
This is my youngest daughter Jennifer.  She came home over the weekend with this "bridal veil" with Minnie Mouse ears from Disney World!  The ears are perfect for her!  Her soon to be in-laws sent them to her.  I couldn't decide which picture to post so I posted both.


She was recently engaged in August after waiting for the perfect guy for her.  They are adorable together! 
She is 28 years old, although she doesn't look it.  She thought she would NEVER find Mr. Right.  I always told her "he" would come along at the right time.  Only God knew the plans he had for her.  Jennifer went through 4 years of college and 4 years of pharmacy school.   She thought the perfect guy would come her way.  Surely she would meet him in school!  Of all the guys she was surrounded with I thought she would find her "prince charming."  Wrong!  She always had guys that were interested in her but she had certain "credentials."  It was 2 years later at the pharmacy she was working, when Mr. Right came into her life. 
I know God sent him to her at the right time.  If not for her prince charming, I don't know how she would be handling the passing of her sweet sister Amber.  Her one and only sister and sibling.  They were very close to each other as sisters should be.

Jennifer had always planned on Amber being her maid of honor in her wedding one day.  She was going to decorate her wheelchair and have someone wheel her down the aisle.
Jennifer wanted to do something different to ask her bridesmaids to be in her wedding.  She came up with a poem  and we printed and cut them out on my Silhouette digital cutter I use in scrapbooking.  Purple was Amber's favorite color so we used purple paper and Jennifer decorated all of the dresses with the saying.  The dresses will be purple or should I say eggplant? 
Both my daughters have collected Precious Moments for years and I gave Jennifer the bridesmaid figurine dressed in purple with dark hair just like Amber.

When I ordered Amber's Birthday Celebration cake at Edgar's Bakery, Jennifer saw the frog cookie and that was how the idea came about.   She had kissed the frog and found her "prince charming".

Jennifer has started a blog:
You will have to go to her blog to see the dresses closer to read the saying. It is a cute idea.  I wish I had thought of it! (not really)  While you are at her blog read why she chose the location she chose.

Now we are in the process of planning the wedding and it is bittersweet. We know that Amber would have been thrilled and excited for Jennifer.  She is looking down on us from Heaven and she will be there in spirit.

Thank you for reading.  I love to hear your comments.

Blessings,
Donna

4 comments:

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Jennifer is beautiful. I know Amber is watching over all of you from Heaven.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

She is a very pretty girl. I wish her much happiness.

erin said...

best wishes to the beautiful bride and amber is indeed still by her side...

Jennifer said...

Mommy, these are not the best pictures of me! I still love you though!! =) Love, me