Thursday, October 29, 2009

Show and Tell Friday - Mary Engelbreit

I have always been a huge fan of Cindy's Romantic Home blog.
This week I decided to join the fun. 
Thank you Cindy for hosting this fun weekly event.
Please visit and see what others have to share.


I have always been a fan of Mary Engelbreit. 
I thought I would share a sampling of her items I have collected or been given over the years.
I have too many to take pictures of all of them.  My sewing room is full of Mary Engelbreit pincushions.  I will share those with you another time.


I cross-stitched this in 2002 and it hangs in my kitchen. 
It was my inspiration piece for my the colors in my kitchen.



This is actually a cookie jar.  I have never even put a cookie in it! 
I know you are supposed to use what you have, but I am so afraid I will break it!


Cherry plates and the chair is a salt and pepper set.  Too cute!


I collect teapots and this is one of my favorites.
Can you tell I LOVE cherries!


Would you believe this is a planter? 
 I don't have the heart to put a plant in it so I keep it in my sewing room to store thread and needles.



This is a miniature teapot with cherries all over it.
Even the little handle is a cherry!

Most of these items were given to me by my angel Amber who is now in Heaven.  She knew I loved anything Mary Engelbreit and she searched the internet looking for items to buy me for Christmas, Mother's Day or my birthday.  Being confined to a wheelchair she did most of her shopping online.
I cherish each item she gave me with all my heart!

Thank you for visiting!
I love to hear your comments.
Blessings,
Donna

21 comments:

Linda said...

Donna~thanks so much for sharing some of your MARY ENGELBREIT goodies...I have some that I just love...looking at my ME calendar as I type! Hope you have a great weekend.

Blessings,
Linda

Diann said...

Hi Donna,
I have been a huge fan of M.E. for a gazillion years too! you just can't help but smile when you look at anything designed by her. And I also love the fact that you KNOW when something is designed by M.E. You have some wonderful pieces!

Have a great day!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

The Mary things are always so happy and fun. I'm sure this collection helps keep you cheerful.

Rebekah@Red's Nest said...

I've always loved Mary Engelbreit. It is so fun and cheery! What great items to make a home happy.
Blessings,
Rebekah

Hootin' Anni said...

Love the tea pots...I've purchased a few 'tea for one' myself...but, but.......That's a cookie jar? How adorable is that!!!

My Show n Tell is a slide show this week.

Happy weekend, happy Halloween if you observe it...no matter, just BE SAFE!

CLICK HERE for my Show n Tell

Sue said...

I love all of your ME pieces, especially the cherry tea pot with the polka dotted handle! How fun to have them all.
:-) Sue

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty collection. Thanks for sharing.

Lori from British Columbia, Canada said...

I find it so rewarding to have a collection. Any collection! Always on the hunt, or thrilled beyond comparison if an item is given as a gift. So thoughtful. Thank you for sharing your colleciton with 'the blog world'.

tales from an oc cottage said...

Who doesn't love ME!!!!!!

m ^..^

A Little Of This And That said...

Very nice collection.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I am loving those plates. Soooo cute!!!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

I love ME.. all her pretties are so whimsical look! and I adore her!

your teapot just lovely! and the plates too! super cute

Leann said...

I love Mary's things too. So sad when they stopped her magazine. I say use that cookie jar - the kids or grand kids will love the memories of using it!

Leann

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

I love all your M.E. goodies.

Colleen said...

Hello Donna,
I was checking in on Kim at Daisy Cottage and her Blog Candy. The name of your blog caught my attention. I have been reading about your daughter Amber and wanted to tell you how sorry I am. I too have a daughter in Heaven.

I will be checking out your new blog often. Looking forward to more recipes and decorating ideas! I am a southern girl myself and love making new friends.

ALWAYS THE ABRAMYANS said...

I LOVE your collection! The teapots are so whimsical! I think I might have to stop by eBay and see if what I can find there. And those cherry plates are the cutest thing I've seen! Thank you so much for sharing! I hope to see more of your collection on future Show and Tell Friday's! -April

Linda Q said...

Lovely collection! ME things always make me smile, so bright and cheery. I have a few things of hers, also given to me as gifts.
Very special that they were from a special person to you!
Thanks for sharing,
Linda Q

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

What a great collection! I love ME things too! Thank you so much for joining in this week!!

Thelma said...

I'm not sure how ME thought up those dirty dishes in the arm chair item, but I just LOVE it!!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I love Mary too! You should see my classroom. Every student who leaves each year always knows who Mary is by the end of the year. I hope you can come visit my blog soon, I have a friend that has an entire room dedicated to Mary. It's just incredible. Thank you for sharing!

Helen said...

I found your blog and wanted to tell you how much I love your ME goodies!!!!! I saw a cookie jar in an antique barn a few days ago and SO wanted it ... but not in my budget just now.