Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My First Tablescape Thursday

I have always looked forward to Susan's Tablescape Thursdays.  She has gorgeous ideas and she is so inspiring!   I got my dishes out  this week and put together a table for two with my fall decor.
Please visit Susan and other great ideas at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/






I purchased the fabric for the tablecloth at my local quilt shop.
I love the colors!


This is a soup tureen I purchased at Homegoods which I used as the centerpiece.


The plates are Butler's Pantry Gourmet.  I love my Bulter's Pantry!
The green salad plates are Bordallo and the pumpkins are from Dollar Tree.


I love roosters!  These are salt and pepper shakers I purchased in a gift shop at the Biltmore House.


The flatware is Reed and Barton.  Very traditional!  I use it everyday. 
The napkins I found on sale at Tuesday Morning.

The large green sunflowers I found at my favorite store Hobby Lobby on sale.  I love a sale!



I love all the fall colors in the tablecloth.


Tealight holders are from Cracker Barrel. 



I collect teapots and when I saw this one at the same gift shop at the Biltmore House I had to have it!


I hope you have enjoyed my first attempt at putting together and photographing a tablescape. 
 It was a lot of fun.  I hope to do several Christmas tablescapes.

Thanks for visiting,
Donna

22 comments:

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

How warm and cozy it all looks. I love to do table settings myself. The white, green, and orange look just fall here in Central California. Lovely!

Phyllis AROUND THE HOUSE said...

I love your black and white chickens, they go so well with your fall tablescape..If I had seen that tea pot, I would have had it as well...Donna, you have done a great job for your first tablescape blog...I am a new follower of yours and I will return to see the Christmas scapes, come for a visit, I would love to have you...

food with style said...

you did a great job, fun and festive!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love a beautiful table, and this is wonderful.

Thelma said...

WOW, great job, especially for your first time! So now what, do you leave it like that for a day or two and enjoy it, actually eat off those lovely plates, what?

Mrs. G said...

Love all the fall colors. Your white pumpkin is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Sue

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Welcome to TT -- This is a wonderful tablescape -- Love that teapot -- sunflowers, roosters, pumpkins --- ah Fall!!!! Don't you love it?

SonnyInSavannah said...

What a lovely table you've set..Love your sunflower decor.. Well done indeed~!
This may be your first but please dont let it be your last..
Sonny ~Sonny DayDreams.com

Kammy said...

Very nice - love all your stuff !
Kammy

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

What a pretty fall table! The roosters and sunflowers are so cute. Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Beautiful autumn tablescape. You're very talented, Donna.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very Pretty - You did a great job. Love HL. :) I rarely, if ever, pay full price for something there.
Glenda

Mimi said...

Love anything with roosters/chickens. Your soup tureen is wonderful.... but that sunflower teapot says it wants to come home to Kansas! You get an award for the prettiest fall table.

Linda said...

Donna,
Wow...it looks gorgeous...love the soup tureen and green salad plates! I also wanted to let you know that I have given you an "award"...hope you don't mind being tagged...come on over and check it out! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Linda

sweetpicklesandchocolate said...

Great Job! Can't wait to see your next one!
Dena
Stop by for a visit...maybe you'll follow me.
I'm following you!

Christi said...

Wonderful. Love the fabric for the tablecloth. It really sets off everthing else. You have some wonderful pieces and you put them together beautifully!

Christi @ A Southern Life
http://asouthernlife.com

Colleen said...

Your table is just beautiful! I love roosters too!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I had to check out your "Southern life," I'm a Southerner too!

This is a beautiful tablescape! I look forward to seeing your Christmas TTs!

Katherine

Rettabug said...

You did a wonderful job of gathering your favorites into a special setting. I ♥ your teapot, as I collect them, too. :-)
Very nicely done & I can't wait to see what you come up with for Christmas.

fondly,
Rettabug

nannykim said...

ooooo, this is pretty. Love the tablecloth...so rich and inviting. I love those white dishes--they are really nice!! Roosters too!! I love to visit the Biltmore house; I like their gardens and the house and the shops;-). I have never been there at Christmas, but I would enjoy seeing it decorated for the season. AND they make good wine.

http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Welcome to Tablescape Thursday. So glad you joined the fun. I don't always get a tablescape posted to share each week, but I do always visit all the participants. It's one of my favorite weekly blog events, even though it takes me a couple of days to get to all the tables.
My sincere condolences on the loss of your beautiful daughter.
Sarah

Kim said...

@Cheap Chic Home. Are you sure this is your first tablescape attempt? You look like a pro! ;)