Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday - Smoky Mountains


This week I am participating in Outdoor Wednesday.
This is a weekly event hosted by Susan at http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/

I thought I would share a few pictures of our trip last fall to the Smoky Mountains.



This is Cades Cove at Sundown.  It is part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It is the most serene place.  We love to go every time we visit the mountains and enjoy the beautiful outdoors.
It is an eleven mile loop around the foothills of the mountains.


As you can tell in this picture the mountains are very smoky.  They are beautiful in the fall.  The leaves had not reached their full fall color.


The deer are roaming everywhere. 
In this picture there is a fawn with its mother. 
So sweet!


The deer come right up to your cars.


Another view of the Smoky Mountains.  It is such a peaceful place to visit.


This is a huge scarecrow in Pigeon Forge.  He is as big as the house he "sits" in front of.
I think he is adorable!


Here is picture of Amber, Jennifer and myself in downtown Gatlinburg. 
If I had only known this would be the last fall we would go to the mountains together.
We have many wonderful memories of visiting the mountains. 
I hope you enjoyed a little glimpse of the Smoky Mountains if you have never visited.

Thanks for visiting,
Donna

11 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Donna! What a fun trip! I loved seeing the deer, and that is the biggest scarecrow I have ever seen in my life! Loved the picture of all of you. Looks like a fun time was had by all!

Happy Outdoor Wed...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Diann said...

Hi Donna!
Great pictures! That scarecrow is amazing! LOL

chubskulit said...

Oh I love that scare crow!

We explored the Mountain park

Hootin' Anni said...

So peaceful....and just look at the size of that scarecrow!!!

My post for Wednesday is now published. Click Here to join me. I'd love for you to stop by today.

Colleen said...

I love Tennessee and the Smoky Mountains! This past June my husband and I spent more than a week at a cabin resort there for our anniversary and immediately rented a 10 bedroom cabin to take our entire family there in August next year. I am so excited to return. It is one of the most beautiful places in this country.

I love the picture of you, Amber and Jennifer. I know it is bittersweet to look at it.

Mary said...

I'm so glad the three of you enjoyed that trip so much. You all look very happy. I know it must be bittersweet to see it. The Smokies are a beautiful spot in the spring and fall. You've captured them well in your photos. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Cindy said...

Beautiful photos! We almost made it to the Great Smoky Mountains one time. We love mountains so i know we would have loved it. Hugs, Cindy S.

Thoughtfully blended hearts said...

I'm so glad you have happy memories and photos of that trip...what a wonderful gift...I love that huge scarecrow...

daylily777 said...

Wonderful Pics !I love that scarecrow.
~Myrna

Southern Lady said...

Donna, Cades Cove is one of my favorite places. It's like another world ... so peaceful and serene.

My heart goes out to you and your family in the loss of your precious Amber. I hope your sweet memories of holidays past will sustain you through the holidays this year.

from our front porch... said...

Looking at your Cades Cove pics was like looking at pics that someone took in my backyard!
We go often and I never tire of all that beauty :)
Thanks for your sweet comments about our new addition!
Misha