Monday, November 9, 2009

Quilt Project and Too Many Hobbies?

Can you have too many hobbies?  I sometimes wonder if I do.  I like to sew, quilt, scrapbook, cross-stitch, garden, bake, decorate, read and of course SHOP (especially for fabrics)!
Somedays I can't decide what to work on. 
It's too hard to scrapbook right now... too many pictures of Amber.  I love looking at them - I have them all over the house, but she and I scrapbooked together :( 
Maybe after Christmas I can put together her birthday celebration scrapbook I posted about earlier.

Here is one of the quilt tops I have been working on.


Around here as soon as you get a quilt top out to take a picture Flip one of two cats we have in the house appears to have her picture taken with it!  She is too funny!


This was published in McCalls Quilting magazine last year and I bought the kit.  I need to add another border and the quilt top will be finished.  It doesn't go with a thing in my house!  I just love the colors and it makes me smile with the bright colors.  The fabrics are Lakehouse fabrics.   It is so girly!
How many hobbies do you have?  Do I have too many?
Blessings,
Donna

9 comments:

Thelma said...

I recognized that Lakehouse fabric right off, I have a few pieces of it in my stash. I LOVE this quilt, you are doing a nice job. I'll be eager to see it with the last border, although it looks lovely just as it is!

Can anyone have too many hobbies, I don't think so!!

You'll know when it's time to get back to scrapbooking, there's no rush!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

That quilt is just gorgeous. It wouldn't match anything in my house either, but I still LOVE it.

You can never have too many hobbies or too many projects. Although I don't think Worker Bee would agree. :)

Thank you for sharing the story of your daughter, really both your daughters. You have touched my heart.

Lori said...

Donna, really ... too many hobbies??? I think not. Women need creative outlets or we explode! Love the quilt top. Don't forget to share what it looks like when it is completed.

Stacey said...

Donna your quilt is adorable! You'll get back around to scrapbooking when the time is right.

I don't have many hobbies. Well, if cooking and cleaning are hobbies....I am a pretty good gardener. I love to be in the yard.

Colleen said...

Hello Donna, your quilt is beautiful! I think you can't have too many hobbies but I believe you can become overwhelmed by them. Maybe you can plan a rotating schedule. This month work on your quilt. Next month you will certainly be baking. January can be the start of returning to scrapbooking. Amber would never want you to give that up. Let that be a way to keep her sweet memories alive. Life is busy and overwhelming in itself. Hobbies should be an outlet, never a chore. You have many talents so enjoy them!

Pat said...

I agree with Colleen's statement. Be good to yourself and take the time to do what is best right now and then next week, next month, etc. The quilt is gorgeous! You are very talented.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty quilt! Apparently the kitty thinks so also. :) The thing about hobbies - you can work on they when you feel like it.

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

That is one of the prettiest quilts I've ever seen, Donna.

quiltmom said...

Your quilt is gorgeous- I love the pretty colors that contrast and are set off so well by the black fabrics.
I used to have lots of hobbies that I dabbled in but these days I quilt and I bead. There is not enough time to do more hobbies than that( oh and I have a blog too- quiltmomsjourney.blogspot.com/
I used to play with various hobbies but once I settled on quilting- that was what I wanted to do the most.
Happy creating,
Anna