Monday, November 2, 2009

Yankee Candle Meltdown

I was so touched when I received a call today from  my youngest daughter Jennifer. I cried with her when I heard what happened.  She misses her sissy so much!  Jennifer had gone to the Galleria near her house and went into the Yankee Candle store.  Amber always loved her Yankee Candles.  She ALWAYS  had one burning in her room.  I light a candle every night in memory of Amber.  I am burning the Spiced Pumpkin candle right now that Jennifer bought today for me in honor of Amber.
Please go to Jennifer's blog http://weddingbellsandfairytales.blogspot.com/  and read about her meltdown in the Yankee Candle store.  It touched my heart. I hope it touches yours.  I miss my sweet Amber so much and I know it would be hard to lose your one and only sister so young in life.  Please pray for my family as the holiday season approaches us.  I don't know how we will handle the holidays without Amber but I do know God and Amber is watching over us.
Blessings,
Donna

2 comments:

Linda said...

Donna~I went over to Jennifer's blog for the story...bless her heart...you sure can tell that her love for her sister is huge. I will continue to pray for all of you and will be thinking about you during the hoildays.

Blessings,
Linda

Colleen said...

There will be many moments like this for both you and Jennifer. She clearly loved her sister so much and I know she misses her. This quote has helped me get through those moments many times..."How lucky I am to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye to." You and Jennifer are in my prayers now and during the upcoming holiday season.