Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Ornaments

I have always loved making and collecting Christmas ornaments over the years.  I have many that my girls have made thru the years in school and just for fun.  They mean the world to me and are so precious!  I put them on the tree each year.
 I have always tried to make several every year to add to the tree.  My tree says NO MORE!  It's dripping with ornaments!
I thought I would share some of my ornaments on my gingerbread tree I have in the dining room on my last post. 

This is a recycled light bulb I painted it like a snowman and made him a top hat.  I painted this one in 2000.  I gave many as gifts.


This is another snowman lightbulb with a chenille hat I made.  Please forgive my poor photo skills.  It is cuter in person.


You Light Up My Life!  I made both of my girls one in 1999. The saying is so true...how our children light up our life!  So many memories especially this Christmas.


I have always loved to bake so I just had to have this cookie sheet with gingerbread men.


This is a Hallmark ornament Jennifer bought me last year.  It reminds me of the refrigerator we had when I was a little girl.  If you look close you see the M&M lights on the tree.  These are at least 20 years old and I put them on the tree each year. Who doesn't love an M&M?


The fridge opens, the light comes on and there is food inside!  Too cute!
All stocked for Christmas dinner.


This reminds me of my mixer I use nearly once a week to bake something. 
We love our sweets!


An old stove.


I wish I had a real one of these right now!


And to top it off ...a sundae! 

I want to mention a giveaway that Glenda/Midsouth is having. 
She is having a great giveaway...just thought you might want to enter :)

Thanks for visiting.
God Bless,
Donna

12 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Donna...
Oh sweetie you have so many wonderful ornaments to share today. I love the snowmen light bulb ornaments. How in the world did you make those? They are absolutely adorable. You just want to squeeze them they are so darn cute.

I love the refrigerator, I have never seen that one. And you little cupcake is just edible cute. I love it.

What special memories you and your daughter will always have for the ones she bought you. Each year she will see them hanging on the tree and remember when. I so love this.

Thank you for sharing of yourself today. I so love to read the heartwarming stories behind the different posts. So wonderful.

Please stop by and say hi. I love the company. Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What fun ornaments! That fridge looks just like the one my grandma had. We don't have our tree up yet. It's raining here so it might be a few more days until we get it or maybe we'll bring a wet tree in!

Thank you for sharing!
Janelle

Linda said...

Donna,
You have some darling ornaments...thanks for sharing them. My favorites are...fridge...cookie sheet...best of all...the stockings that you made for your girls!

Blessings,
Linda

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Donna, these are absolutely adorable, and that pink fridge is the cutest thing ever! I love Hallmark!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Picket said...

Hello Donna...love your beautiful ornaments and all the memories you have with them...your blog background is so pretty! I can't even begin to imagine your loss of your beautiful daughter...I remember years ago my precious grandfather said a parent should never outlive their children...
Thank you so much for coming by and may this Christmas be filled with love and family and many precious memories of the love your daughter left in your heart...bless you sweet friend...~Picket~

Rhondi said...

Hi Donna
Thanks for leaving a comment. I think that it is a great idea for you to make a quilt with Amber's clothes. It will be a blessing to you as you work on it.
Hugs, Rhondi

Stacey said...

Hi Donna. Are you doing ok? I'd love for you to come have a cookie with me. :)

Your kitchen ornaments are so cute! Every year I think I'm going to collect kitchen theme ornaments and I haven't done it. You just may be the push I need to get out there and find them.

Hugs to you,

Stacey

Janean said...

oh the kitchen ornaments melt my heart. cannot believe the 'fridge opens!!!!! did all those kitchen ornaments come from hallmark?

Jen in NY said...

Hi Donna! Love the ornaments...yes, we have the same stove one! :-) I really like the mixer one and the fridge. So cute!

--Jen

susan said...

Donna-I ambled over here from Lynne's and am so glad I did! You and I feel the same about ornaments..each one has a story and a special memory. I don't think you can have too many! Loved my visit!

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Love all your ornaments, Donna. God bless you, dear. I know this is all so very hard. But you do have a real angel this year to help you celebrate.

Kerrie said...

Beautiful! I certainly enjoyed that visit!! Kerrie