Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gingerbread Tablescape

I am participating in Susan's Tablescape Thursday at http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/.   Susan is so inspiring with her tablesettings. She always has a beautiful table set.  Stop by her blog and visit to see other blogger's tablescapes.





My husband gave me the gingerbread arrrangement I posted about in the previous post.

This is my kitchen table set for four. We have shared numerous meals over the years at this table. So many memories.  I am so sad that our Amber is not here with us this year.  I know she is looking down on us :)

I have always loved gingerbread men and the tree in our adjoining dining room is decorated with a  gingerbread and cooking theme.  I posted it also in an earlier post.


I have collected Pfaltzgraff Winterberry dishes for several years.  I think these dessert glasses are too cute!  I buy something to add to my dishes every year.  My collection is slowly growing.  I love the place settings with the filigree pattern and the holly design.


The red chargers I purchased at Walmart and the flatware is Reed and Barton.


Love the spoons in the arrangement!


The peppermint tablecloth I made several years ago.


I purchased the votive holders at Yankee Candle.
Love these!


And him too!



The napkins I embroidered with snowflakes many years ago!



And finally the light fixture over the kitchen table.  I have red hummingbirds hanging from the greenery along with the acorns.  I found the hummingbirds at Walmart and the acorns at Homegoods.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have enjoyed my kitchen tablescape.

God Bless,
Donna

14 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty table setting! What time is dinner? :-) Thanks so much for sharing with us.

xinex said...

Your tablescape is beautiful, so bright and festive. Your gingerbread men candle holders are very cute...Christine

Linda said...

Your table is so pretty! I also collect Winterberry. I will be setting my Christmas table with my collection this week.

Rettabug said...

What a thoughtful husband to bring you the perfect centerpiece, Donna!! It looks lovely on your pretty tablescape.
I ♥ your collection of cooking themed ornaments on your tree! They are adorable...especially that refrigerator. Too cute!

May the Prince of Peace wrap you in His arms & give your heart & mind comfort as you experience this first Christmas without your oldest daughter. She IS with you, in your heart.

fondly,
Rett

A Hint of Home said...

Your table setting is very pretty.

Jan said...

Beautiful Donna and I adore that table cloth that you made. Sure hope you and the girls had a lovely lunch together :)

Cynthia said...

I love, love, love the gingerbreadmen. Extra Christmas points for your sweetie! Stop by when you get a chance and see my gingerbreadmen table. Have a great day!

sweetpicklesandchocolate said...

I love the tablecloth and gingerbread!
Awesome table
Merry christmas
dena

Mimi said...

Lovely table. I love all the red and white and that tablecloth is adorable.

Linda Q said...

Very pretty table Donna, love the gingerbread things, as you can tell from my kitchen and mine last week.
Linda

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

What a lovely table! Btw, the light fixture over my table is very similar to yours!!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What an adorable gingerbread tablescape --and those acorns hanging over your table are wonderful! Little cupcake man is sweet too -- this is just so delightful and cheerful!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Merry Christmas, Donna! Your Christmas tables are beautiful, thank you for joining my party. I wish for you and your family a wonderful Christmas this year even with your loss. Hugs!

debbie said...

DEAR DONNA,
BLESS YOU MY FRIEND. I KNOW AMBER, JORDAN, AMY, ANDREW, AND STACEY TO NAME A FEW ARE CELEBRATING THEIR FIRST CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN. I CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS THERE AND I REJOICE THEY ARE WITH JESUS FOR HIS BIRTHDAY.
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL ARRANGEMENT YOUR HUSBAND SENT YOU. IT IS THE FACT THAT THEY REMEMBER THE THINGS WE LOVE. A DANDELION WITH A RIBBON ON IT WOULD BE PERFECT FOR ME...I REMEMBER ALL THE DANDELION BOUQUETS MY CHILDREN BROUGHT TO ME WITH LOVING HANDS.
I HAVE ENJOYED READING YOUR POSTS. I LOVE THE STOCKINGS YOU MADE FOR YOUR DAUGHTER THIS YEAR. I LOVE YOUR TEAPOT THAT WAS PAINTED TO LOOK LIKE A SNOWMAN. SO VERY SWEET. I LOVE HOW YOU HAVE DECORATED....SO VERY PRETTY.
I HAVE DONE NOT A THING BUT DECORATE AMY'S RESTING PLACE WITH MY MOTHER AND DH.
I HAVE HAD MANY DARK DAYS AND IF I CAN SLEEP...I DON'T FEEL THE PAIN OF HER BEING GONE...BUT I HAVE INSOMNIA MOST OF THE TIME.
MAY YOU HAVE A VERY BLESSED CHRISTMAS AND YOU WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS.
LOVE
ANGEL HUGS
DEBBIE