Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's the Little Things...

It's the little things in life that make me happy. This year my husband and I decided not to buy each other gifts for Christmas.  With Amber's passing it has been a very emotional time of year without her here to enjoy Christmas with us.  She loved the trees and lights and the real meaning of the season.  I have decorated the house just like she would have wanted with the trees and pretty ornaments.
So when my husband was looking through the paper he saw this Christmas arrangement and came home from the florist with these flowers. 
I was having my group of old school friends over to the house for our usual "girls day" before Christmas.  He thought I should have this for my centerpiece.

The flowers are arranged in a glass mixing bowl with gingerbread men!  It is so cute!


The mixing spoons and cinnamon sticks are included!  Perfect for the cook!


A closeup of one of the roses....beautiful!

It was so thoughtful of him to remember the little things that mean the most.
I have such a sweet caring husband....now I know why we have been married for 32 years.

  I have a tablescape I am going to post tomorrow using my so so cute flowers.  You will have to come back and visit.

Thanks for visiting.
God Bless,
Donna

5 comments:

Jan said...

What a thoughtful honey you have and what a lovely gift he chose :) Enjoy your "girl's day!"

Linda said...

How pretty and sweet...enjoy your day with your friends!

Blessings,
Linda

Miriam said...

Beautiful flowers!
I love the mixing bowl.
You have a very thoughtful husband.

((hugs))

erin said...

what a wonderful thoughtful husband you have!! you are blessed. my hubby and i have been married for 28 years. we aren't doing presents either, just the stockings.
take care,
erin

from our front porch... said...

You do have an awesome husband! (me, too!)
We also do not gift each other. We make a donation to a couple of charities close to our hearts! I love doing this..
Misha