Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Piano Room Tree

We have a room in our house we call the piano room. We have always called it that for lack of a better name. It holds the piano and many pieces of antique furniture.  I decorate it for Christmas with ornaments I have collected and my family has given me over the years.


Here is a little tree I found at Hobby Lobby this year and decorated it with acorns and pinecones. 


I love teapots and I have many in this room.  This is a teapot set with snowflakes.


My daughters and I have collected Precious Moments and I have had this angel for probably 15 years.  She stays out year round on the mantle.  I think she is beautiful.


A look at the mantle with the stockings.  I made them too out of scraps and leftover lace trims.


The tree did not photograph well.  It has twinkling lights with ornaments I have made over the years...smocked ones and angel ones.


A shoe ornament I found this year.  Jennifer and I both love shoes!


A purse I also found this year.  I bought it to remember Amber...she loved her purses!


A dainty teacup and saucer.  I did not take pics of the teapots.


This is a little lamp that connects into the lights and lights up like a real lamp.  Love it!


A star ornament I made last year out of paper mache stars and covered with scrapbook paper along with glitter and embellishments.


Precious Moments ornament that says "Wrapped in Love for Donna"


Bears in a victorian baby stroller waiting for Christmas.


A Boyds bear angel I have sitting in an antique chair.


The mantle with white poinsettias, large ornaments and butterflies.

I hope you have enjoyed just a little of my tree.  I could not decide whether to  put it up this year, but my husband, Amber and Jennifer have given me so many of the ornaments.  Each time I unwrapped each ornament so many memories came flooding back.  Such sweet memories : )
I know Amber is watching from above with a big smile on her face.

Thanks for visiting.
God Bless and Hugs,
Donna

7 comments:

Linda said...

Donna,
What pretty ornaments you have...my fav is the shoe...and the purse...they are sooooo girly. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

Blesings,
Linda

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your decorations are so pretty! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Your piano room is so pretty. Do you play the piano? The ornaments are sweet and I love the tea set.

Allyson said...

Your piano room is beautiful. I'm glad you decided to put out your special tree with all those precious ornaments. Enjoy the week!

Thelma said...

Lovely, that room is just lovely! I couldn't get any good photos of my tree either!

You and your family are in my thoughts this holiday season.

Stacey said...

Yes, your room and decorations ar eso pretty. I agree with everyone else.

I hope you and your family do have a nice Christmas. I know you have an empty seat at your table now...I'm thinking about you.

Stacey

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Have a very merry Christmas this year; I know it will be a special one for you.