Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tablescape Thursday & Home for the Holidays

This week I am participating in Susan's Tablescape Thursday at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ and Rhoda"s Home for the Holidays  at southernhospitalityblog.com.  Please visit both of the sweet ladies and see how everyone in blogland is decorating this holiday season.
Thank you both for hosting these events.






My tablescape is a gingerbread theme.    The plates are Butler's Pantry Gourmet and the peppermint plates are after Christmas finds at Yankee Candle along with the gingerbread men votives.  The peppermint plates are really candle plates however I am using them as salad plates. My glassware is Winterberry and the napkins I posted earlier this week, I embroidered a couple of years ago.


I have decorated a tree in my dining room the last 2 years with gingerbread cooking themed ornaments. I love putting this tree up every year.


This the centerpiece...a Gingerbread House that is a cookie jar.
I found this after Christmas last year at Cracker Barrel.  Love those after Christmas sales!


The little elf is going to help me bake this year :)


Another view of our dining room with the bay window decked out with snowmen and gingerbread men.




A closeup of the Gingerbread cookie jar.




Here is a better picture of the tree. 
I will post later on some of the ornaments.  They are so cute!!


A snowman I made last year ..I was going to use him on top of the tree but he was too heavy so I put him in the bay window with the gingerbread man.


Our kitchen light fixture with greenery and acorn ornanents with hanging red hummingbirds.

Mugs I have in a kitchen corner.


Another snowman cookie jar.


I have all of my holiday spatulas out for the holidays.
Jennifer bought these at Williams Sonoma.


I love this old red truck I found this summer at Hobby Lobby..I put a tree in the back to decorate for Christmas.


I love Smores so I had to have this at Cracker Barrel several years ago.  The big one is a cookie jar, the small ones ..salt and pepper shakers and the mugs to match.  Love them!!


Closeup of our kitchen table arrangement.


The stockings are hung on the mantle in the family room.  I love my glittery trees!  They are very whimsical.


Santa's boots by the fireplace.


And finally the big fat Christmas tree loaded with ornaments from the past 32 years we have been married.


Another view of the mantle and fireplace.


And finally this is the Jim Shore bunny Amber gave me for Mother's Day.   In his hands he is holding a wreath for Christmas.  He can be changed for each season.  I will treasure him forever.

I hope you have enjoyed some of my Christmas decorations.  I didn't know if I would be able to put up a tree this year with Amber's passing, but she loved Christmas and would have disappointed if I had not decorated for the season.  I will post her tree in her room in a later post.  I also have a victorian themed tree in a more formal room we have I will show you later.
Thanks for visiting.   I love to read your comments.
God Bless,
Donna

25 comments:

Linda said...

Donna,
Your home looks beautiful and all ready for Chistmas. I love all your cookie jars...your Christmas tree in the dining room...and that cute little red truck! Hope you have a FUN Thursday.

Blessings,
Linda

Thelma said...

You have wonderful Christmas decorations. Those peppermint plates from the candle store are a find, very clever. Who would cover that cute design with a candle? Your table looks great. I would have passed on that truck in the store, you saw it's true potential, it was made for hauling Christmas trees!

I'm so glad you are decorating this year!

PAT said...

This is all so pretty!

I love the peppermint plates!

Karen said...

You have so many wonderful things - I don't know where to start! LOVE THE S'MORES mugs! And the cookie jar on the table, love the boots by the fireplace. So much to look at. You did a wonderful job! YOur daughter must be looking down with her arm raised shouting "GO MOM!" :)
HAGD! Karen @ Some Days Are Diamonds

ellen b. said...

Hello Donna! I really enjoyed seeing your home all decked out for Christmas. Your decor makes me smile. Blessings on your Christmas :0)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I LOVE your Jim Shore bunny! Love it! Your tablescape is great! I think it will bring out the kid in everyone ~ so cute with all the pieces you added to the center.

ThriftyAnnabella said...

All your decor is very pretty. Thanks for sharing!

Shelia said...

Hi Donna! I've enjoyed seeing all of your wonderful Christmas decorations. You have so many wonderful things! Love those little marshmellow things!
Be a sweetie and Merry Christmas,
Shelia ;)

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Your Christmas Decorations are lovely, Donna. I don't know if you read Daisy Cottage blog, but I thought you'd be interested in her guest blogger today, Becky of Sweet Cottage Dreams. Here's the link:
http://deardaisycottage.typepad.com/daisy_cottage/2009/12/a-very-special-guest-blogger-a-giveaway.html#comments

Mimi said...

Beautiful table, but I love your gingerbread cookie jar centerpiece.
Your decorations are all beautiful....your mantel is my favorite, though!

Jen in NY said...

Wow Donna, you really know how to decorate! I love everything, especially the gingerbread house centerpiece. I will have to hit up Cracker Barrel after Christmas this year. :-) Love those cool glittery trees on the mantel too!
I love the Jim Shore bunny from Amber...a very special gift!! I hope you find a great deal of peace this Christmas...{hugs} Jen

Debbie said...

Your home is beautiful and festive and ready for the holidays. I love it. Blessings, Debbie

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh this is all so adorable! What a wonderful bunny -- certainly a piece that you'll always treasure -- this is a perfect spot to visit while I have a cup of tea and some gingerbread biscotti!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Donna, your home is so beautiful and cozy. Thank you so much for giving us such a lovely tour. I can only imagine how difficult it was to decorate this first year. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers this holiday season. God bless you, sweetie, xoxo Lidy

Rue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rue said...

I don't know the story of Amber ( I put your name in by accident), but I'm so sorry for your loss. I believe that decorating for the holidays is great medicine. It's beautiful :)

Linda Q said...

Donna, so darling, I have some of the same mugs and do my kitchen in Gingerbread, stop by and see.
Very fun to tour your lovely home. And my prayers with your family, I know what it is like to go through holidays without a loved one, God hold you in his grace and love!!
Linda

sweetjeanette said...

oh Donna! I love what you've done! Your tree is gorgeous, I LOVE those mugs with the tops!
OOOhhh I love your kitchen, period! It just looks like the place where I'd love to come for a visit and plop down at the table and sit a spell! Thank you for the tour!!!

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Donna...Your home is beautiful girl...I just know your daughter is saying Way to go Mom....Many Blessing to you my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Hootin' Anni said...

Absolutely amazing!!

Mine's posted now...it's another new one for my collection of Holiday Decor..La Befana

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Donna....I am so proud of you to do all that you have done. It is as beautiful as beautiful can be. You know that Amber is smiling her big sweet smile on you and loving each and every element that you add to your - her - home. I bet her first Christmas in Heaven will be wonderful. It gives me chills to even think about our children having Christmas with our Father. Wow!

Would you mind emailing me your address? My email is sweetcottagedreams1@comcast.net

I have a little something for you from me.

hugs to you,
Becky

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

I love how you've decorated your home! Everything is so beautiful! Those plates are so cute! That tablescape is just great!

Manuela

PattieJ said...

Adorable Gingerbread people!

nannykim said...

Such a cute idea to decorate your kitchen/dining are tree that way! I love this idea!! Oh I would love to do that someday! CUTE! Oh, when I saw the bunny I thought, what is he doing here!! then you mentioned he was holding a wreath--so then I understoon ;-)

nannykim at http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com/

nannykim said...

ps. I love the smores things!! I have some ornaments, but your things are darling.

http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com/