Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cracker Barrel Skillet

Today is my first time to join in at Tales from Bloggeritaville's Thrifty Thursday at
http://lbratina.blogspot.com/
If you haven't visited before stop by and see what other bloggers are sharing this week.



 If you live in the South we all know that any good cook has got to have an iron skillet in her kitchen.  We use our iron skillets for just about anything ... frying chicken or country fried steak and definitely cornbread.  Some cooks even bake cakes in their skillets. 

Cracker Barrel has the Front Porch Friends rewards club they began recently.  If you join you earn so many points for meals or store purchases.  We have a Cracker Barrel close to our house so of course I signed up before Christmas and began earning my rewards points. I signed up online and I received an email a couple of weeks ago that I had earned so many points and I could get an iron skillet FREE! 

 
I love anything free... especially from the Cracker Barrel store.
So of course the next day I went in to get my skillet and was told that I had enough points that I could get two skillets free.  I had purchased after-Christmas sale items and I had more points than I thought : )


Here are my skillets!  They are already seasoned and ready to use.  They regularly sell for $9.99.  I really like my new skillet... can you tell?


This is the botton of the skillet.  Cornbread cooked in one of these is the perfect size for two people.  
So if you have a Cracker Barrel near your home you should sign up and begin earning your reward points.  We really don't eat there much ... I just like to shop there.
 I am going to keep one for myself and give the other one to my daughter. 

Thanks for visiting.
God Bless,
Donna


11 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Cool, gifts, I agree I like free, free is good. I hadn't heard about the free points system, we have a store near us so I'm headed to CB on line to sign up. Thanks for the info
Molly

Treasia Stepp said...

WooHoo thanks for sharing this. We love Cracker Barrel and eat there often. I'm with you about the iron skillets. Love them.

Linda said...

Thanks for the update...I did not know about the rewards system...this will make my mom a very HAPPY lady...she loves CB...it's a little joke in our family about CB and Grandma...she always wants to eat there...don't get me wrong...we love it too!

Blessings,
Linda

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice skillets. I did not know they had that system set up - I need to check into to it. Thanks for sharing.

Lori said...

I love your new cast iron skillets. And FREE ... that's a bonus. I am just now learning the merits of cooking with cast iron!

Stacey said...

We love our cast iron skillets too. Cornbread made in cast iron is the best!!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Drat! No Cracker Barrels even close to us. Are there any in California? Luckily we stopped at some on our 13 states in 15 days trip. Maybe we'll get a Cracker Barrel someday.

What are you going to make with your new skillets?

Mimi said...

Who doesn't like free! Those are really nice skillets...are they 8" or 10" size?
Have a great weekend!

jennifer said...

I bet your cornbread is going to be wonderful!

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

I love my cast iron skillets, one i inherited from my mom. That's what I always make cornbread in.

Phyllis AROUND THE HOUSE said...

dang, no cracker barrels that I know of in southern ca. i would be all over them...I love the skillet, wow it is cool,,,,,Phyllis