Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lamp Makeover



Susan  at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ is having her weekly Met Monday.  Please visit Susan ... she has the best blog and is such a sweet person.

This week I am sharing a lamp that my daughter had in her dorm room in college.  She had the lamp for 4 years in college and then it retired to my basement where it is has been now for about 7 years.  I needed a lamp for my sewing room so I painted it and covered the lamp shade.

Forgive me for the quality of the picture ... I had to search a long time just to find a "before" picture. Her dorm room was blue and yellow and was really cute at the time.  It was very inexpensive.
I knew I would eventually do something with the lamp someday.


This is after a couple coats of paint and cherry fabric to cover the lampshade.


I covered the lamp shade and added the large rickrack.  It was very simple. I just used a glue gun to attach the rickrack. I had the fabric along with the rickrack.  My window valance matches the lamp shade.  My sewing room has Mary Engelbreit pretties and cherries!  I will show you pics of the sewing room when I organize it! LOL
That may never happen! :)


Here's my "new" lamp on a small baker's rack in my sewing room with my other goods.  I really am trying to organize!  This project didn't cost a penny and I really love it.

Thanks for visiting and please pray for the poor people in Haiti.  It is so sad and heartbreaking.

Blessings,
Donna

17 comments:

Phyllis AROUND THE HOUSE said...

I love love your cute little lamp, it is adorable and you did a wonderful job, sooooo darling.,I am a new follower of yours, come on over for a visit, I'll be back again ...Phyllis

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Too cute! I love me some Mary E. too! I have several of those lamps in my classroom. I hope you get your room organized soon. I'd love to see it.

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

So cute!
I just found your blog through BNOTP and I'm a new follower. Your blog is wonderful!
~Amy

Barb @ GritsandGlamour said...

Just discovered your blog through BNOTP. Love your lamp make-over. Isn't rick-rack the bestest. I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. God Bless You. Come visit me sometime. Blessings, Barb

~ Sonny ~ said...

Great transformation on that lamp, Donna..
Brightest Blessings
Sonny

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a cute redo - you did good! :)
Have a great week.

Linda Q said...

That turned out darling Donna, love the cherry fabric and trim. Red always works for me!
Linda Q

Joyce said...

What a cute lamp shade make over. I want to tell you that I loved your post about your quilting tea pots. Oh they are so cute. I posted some quilts last year at a quilt show in my area that were so cute and you might like to view them. I wish I could sew but I can only play with flour:)
Joyce

Raggedy Kingdom said...

Love your lamp, love Mary Englebreit. Also love cherries. What a great idea.

Sheila at Raggedykingdom.blogspot.com

Jan said...

What a wonderful transformation Donna! Love those cherries too and I look forward to seeing your whole sewing room! I am so glad that you and your family have the upcoming wedding to occupy your time and your thoughts. I feel certain that God planned it just perfectly for you all :) Yesterday was our Daughter's Birthday ... I was gonna Blog about it, but ended up just "resting and reminiscing" all day. I'm sure Amber attended her great celebration in Heaven :)

Manuela@TPOH said...

That is so adorable! I just love anything with rickrack! Cute, cute, cute!

Manuela

Thelma said...

Great job, I love your "new" cheerful lamp. I too love rickrack but I've yet to buy any or incorporate it into a project.....soon I hope!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Hi Donna!

I can't seem to get through to you via e-mail so can you please send me your address so I can get your little package in the mail.

Thanks!
Janelle

Rettabug said...

Darling~Darling~Darling!!! What a wonderful transformation. I ♥ Mary Englebreit anything.

Thanks for stopping by.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Now this is an adorable transformation -- I want to thank you for your sweet words of kindness -- I know that your heart has ached with your own recent loss of a daughter so young and full of life -- we were blessed that "Pop" had a long and well lived life -- and he knew that he had a family that adored him -- we know the blessings of a long life well spent, it makes it easier to let him go. Won't we be glad to see them again one day?

Deb Price said...

I love that lamp!! I have been wanting to do that with some lamps of mine...so, silly question, but how do you cover a lampshade? Info, please!! Mary Englebreit is in my sewing room, too! Love her and all things Mary! In spring, I am painting my sewing room...Right now, my 10 yr old girl and I are just making do in there...thanks for sharing your pics!Hugs from Indiana...

A Fire Fighter Wifey said...

so cute!! I am thinking of doing something kinda like your lamp to one my son no longer uses for my daughter.. who needs one for when she reads in bed at night. ... very very cute idea.. thanks for it!