Friday, January 15, 2010

Relaxing Weekend



This is what I am planning on doing this weekend.  Reading some of my favorite magazines that I have not looked at in weeks. 
My daughter Jennifer and I have been busy planning details for her upcoming wedding in June. She worries about every little detail and I keep telling her it will all work out.  The latest issue was whether the color of the chair ties would clash with the color of the seats of the chairs where the reception is being held. 
She has decided the colors will be fine.  Thank goodness!   I did find my dress this week.  It is Amber's favorite color!  I feel like Amber led me to the dress I should wear.  We have missed her so much during the planning of the wedding and we know she is here in spirit.  I have been asked numerous times what I am wearing.  That was the least of my worries ... but I am so glad the "hunt" for the dress is over for me.   Gotta start toning my arms and losing a few pounds!  Jennifer's dress should be here in February and then she can have her bridal protraits made.  I can't wait to see her in "the dress"!
 I think most everything else is taken care of for now.  The invitations are picked out.  "Save the Date" magnets in process.  We never had "Save the Date" anything when we were married 32 years ago! LOL  Oh how times have changed!  We are meeting in a couple of weeks about food for the reception and cake tasting.  I can't wait to taste the cakes!  I will eat cake anytime ... day or night...I have a huge sweet tooth :)
We are planning on going to a bridal show in Birmingham on Sunday just to see if we have missed any little thing we hadn't thought of.  Jennifer says she has thought about this day for 28 years and she wants everything to be the way she wants it and I don't blame her.  After all it is one of the most memorable times of our lives!

Thanks for visiting!
God Bless,
Donna

9 comments:

from our front porch... said...

I am so excited about this wedding! Maybe you could do a wedding update once a week to keep us informed!!!
I am a magazine nut, too! I remember when I went off to college, my Dad said not to spend my allowance on magazines!! LOL!
love ya, Donna!
xo, misha

Bernie said...

Oh Donna I am so pleased you found your dress, very important for mother of the bride. I know it will all be beautiful and work out the very best but I guess it's a brides perogative to worry.....I too love magazines. I am so happy you are able to put your heart into this (I know this must be so very hard for you) Amber would want you to.....Stay strong and enjoy your weekend........:-) Hugs

Linda said...

Donna,
Sounds like you and Jennifer are having a blast planning the WEDDING...my 22 year old should be getting that SPECIAL ring anyday now...I just can't wait to do the same as the two of you are doing now...hope you enjoy the show on Sunday!

Blessings,
Linda

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

You deserve a nice weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing those wedding pictures. It will be here before you know it. I'm so glad you're finding all these little ways to remember Amber in the wedding - like the color of your dress.

Gayle from Southern Thresholds said...

Planning a wedding with a daughter is a memorable experience..frantic but priceless memories

Manuela@TPOH said...

Relaxing with magazines is always a favorite thing I like to do too. Glad you found a dress!

Manuela

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Donna: It was so much fun when my daughters planned their weddings - 3 weddings in 4 years! I loved every minute of it. It gets nutty at times; but you are so right - it will all work out. Looking forward to the pictures someday.

Thelma said...

I"m so glad you found a dress, it sounds like it went well. Cake tasting and losing a few pounds, tough combo!

Hope your plans for a relaxing weekend are working out for you.

Karen said...

I have to laugh. I'm looking at the picture of the magazines you need to get caught up reading and I have 4 of them in MY pile to get caught up on! I really, really want to make some roses. I love the Romantic Homes - perfect for Valentines Day same with Bliss Victoria. And then Southern Living - need I say more?
Oh how fun to plan the wedding. SOMEDAY I will get to help one of my future daughter-in-laws (at least I HOPE they let me!) hehehe.
I guess you just never know!
HAGD! Karen