Thursday, February 11, 2010

Colors of Flowers and One More Hug...

Brambleberry Cottage's Fourteen Days of Love Valentine Party


Day 11 - The Perfect Gift

Many people think of roses and flowers as the perfect gift. 
I love to receive flowers and know certain colors of flowers represent different meanings.  I did some research online and came up with these colors of flowers and what they represent.

Red represents beauty, courage and, of course, love and passion, making it the perfect flower color for Valentine's Day.

Pink is for innocent love. Pretty, flirty and delicate, pink flowers symbolize grace, happiness and youth.

Purple has been known as a regal color.  Purple can also signify love at first sight, so send that special someone violets or purple roses when you want to show you care.

Yellow is the color of sunshine, representing all that is joyful, happy and new.  Yellow flowers are to show friendship and to cheer someone up.

Blue flowers can express your sympathy, say "I'm sorry" or even soothe the pain of someone who is hurting.

The color white is associated with religious occasions like weddings, christening and funerals.




This picture was taken last February...oh how happy I was having my picture taken with Amber and Jennifer.
If I could receive the perfect gift this year it would be one more hug from Amber who I miss terribly.  I did not know a heart could hurt so much.  As her mother I do know she received the ultimate gift when she accepted God as her Lord and Savior.  Just thinking about her in Heaven and knowing that we will be reunited again helps me make it through each day without her here with us. 

Give all your loved ones a hug and tell them you love them!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless,
Donna

 


10 comments:

© Jennifer Raley said...

You're making it through time, one day at a time. One holiday at a time. I'm sure it'll feel like plowing through concrete some days. Hang in there. As I was saying to someone today, give God a 'sacrifice of praise' .... praise Him ... when you don't feel like doing it. He'll bless you. Love, Jenn (I think that's Hebrews 13:15, & 16 is good too.

Bernie said...

What a beautiful picture of you with your daughters....Jennifer looks very much like you and Amber is beautiful. I know some days are much harder than others, know that you are not alone my friend. Keeping you in my heart and prayers always......:-) Hugs

Miriam said...

What a beautiful photograph of the 3 of you. You are all glowing with happiness.

((hugs))

erin said...

hugs to you, sweety........
erin

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

I love that photo, Donna. I miss my Valentine too.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great photo. (((hugs))).

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Your beauty and strength shine through. Wishing you happy memories on this Valentine's Day and may the love of God embrace your heart!
Tammy

Manuela@TPOH said...

What a great picture of you and your girls. I'm sure every day is a challenge with holidays being particularly hard.

Hugs,

Manuela

Brambleberry Cottage said...

I agree with all the others. This is a beautiful picture, and I'm sure one you cherish.

Aren't you glad this life is but a vapor, and one day we will be reunited with those who have gone before us?

Blessings,
Liz

Cathy said...

Oh Donna! You will have eternity of hugs!!!