Friday, February 12, 2010

Fourteen Days of Love ... Day 12


Brambleberry Cottage's Fourteen Days of Love


Day 12 Romancing the Palette

Do you have a favorite place to dine for special occasions – or the menu for a romantic banquet
 to serve at home? What makes it romantic?

I think every event and holiday revolves around food in the South. 
We always have food whenever there is a gathering. 
For Valentine's Day we may go eat somewhere the day before, but never on Valentine's Day... it's just too crowded for me.  I would rather have a grilled ribeye steak that my husband cooks, baked potato, a salad, warm bread and something chocolate for dessert!  Gotta have my chocolate :)

I asked my husband what he wanted for Valentine's Day and he said to bake him something. I am going to bake Chocolate Lava Cakes.  They are wonderful with vanilla ice cream.
I know who is going to lick the bowl :)

Here is the recipe...

Easy Chocolate Lava Cakes

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients

4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate or 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels

1/2 cup butter (1 stick)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup confectioners sugar

2 eggs

1 egg yolk

6 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease 4 (8-ounce) ramekins (custard cups or souffle dishes). Place on a baking sheet.

2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwaveable bowl on High 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Whisk in vanilla and confectioners sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and yolk. Stir in flour and pour batter evenly into prepared custard cups.

2. Bake 13 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 10 minutes. Carefully loosen edges with a knife. Invert cakes onto serving plates and sift powdered sugar over the top. Serve immediately.

These are super easy and so quick!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless,
Donna



6 comments:

Brambleberry Cottage said...

UMMM!!! Sounds yummy. You're right, Donna. The South and "good" food are almost synonymous. LOL

Hugs,
Liz

huntedtreasures said...

Sounds good we need to give this one a try do you have a pic, am a visual person so I can see if what I made comes close to what the recipe says. lol being Mexican I kinda mess up things at times.

Hugs,
Maria & Ruth
"Hunted Treasures"

© Jennifer Raley said...

mmmmmmmmmm chocolate :) Jenn

Bernie said...

Oh this does sound good and what a good wife you are.....as long as you are together it doesn't matter where you go does it? Hope you and hubby have a wonderful day....:-) Hugs

from our front porch... said...

Oh, I would love some Lava cake right now! I will settle for my fat free fudge bar :)
happy Valentines Day, Donna! And thanks for your friendship..
xo, misha

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I've never made lava cakes and I see them in every magazine lately -- I'm going to have to try these for sure!