Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fourteen Days of Love ... Day 7


Brambleberry Cottage's Fourteen Days of Love
Day 7 Kid Central - Crafts, Projects and Games

I remember when my daughters were in elementary school each year they would decorate a white paper bag with drawings, construction paper, colors, markers, glue, etc., so each classmate could drop their Valentine cards into each child's bag.  They would always have fun doing this project. What child doesn't like construction paper and scissors?  I still have these decorated white bags stored away in my closet after all these years :)  Every child in the class made one and then they always had a party with cookies or cupcakes.  I was always a "room mother" who helped and planned parties on every holiday.  Oh how long ago... makes me feel old!

  
Every year I would make a special Valentine dessert either cookies or cupcakes and they would decorate them.  I wish I had one of these right now! 

I searched the internet and there are all kinds of ideas for Valentine's Day crafts and games.

The first week of the Fourteen Days of Love has been fun. 
Please visit Brambleberry Cottage and see what the other participants have come up with for their first Seven Days of Love.

Thanks for visiting and God Bless,
Donna

9 comments:

Brambleberry Cottage said...

I remember decorating a white bag every year myself! Crafts are such a fun way to connect with our kids.

Ok, Donna, catch your breath and prepare for week two. ;)

Hugs,
Liz

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I remember decorating boxes (usually shoe boxes) when I was in elementary school. We did them at home and took them to school the day of the party. I personally don't remember the bags, but my children decorated bags at school before V. Day and they were ready for their class party.
Have a great week.
Glenda

Ann Creek said...

I can remember hanging our hand made sacks on the chalkboard and all the kids go by and put valentines in each one. I had a crush on a boy in 5th grade and made him a special large valentine. I don't think I even signed it. Silly ha.
Ann
tin and sparkle

Barbara Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara Jean said...

Sorrya bout last comment. i forgot to fix spelling!

Sweet delight!!

Thanks for coming by to join in the fun, and become a follower.

blessings

barbara jean

Bernie said...

We used old shoe boxes, always decorated and had a slit on the top for cards to be place in, my children use paper bags....your right it was such a long time ago....:-) Hugs

© Jennifer Raley said...

I don't think I closed out my comment correctly last time. ? Maybe it's too much computer? So, if I messed it up - here I am again. :\ I enjoyed recalling decorating both valentines and the bags/boxes to put them in. Thanks! Jenn

Jan said...

Ohhhhh Donna, please pass one of those scrumptious looking cakes! They do look Heavenly :) I love the quilted heart below and I'd love to see a picture of the whole top sometime :) Congratulations on all your fabulous wins and blessings on your day too my dear :)

Rambling Round said...

Those look so good! I have everything I need to make Valentine sugar cookies. Got to get to work! BTW, it's nice to find your blog through the Alabama Bloggers site.