Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day


Fourteen Days of Love - Day 14 - Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing

Happy Valentine's Day!

I don't know where I would be today without my sweet husband.  He has always been there for me during the good times and the sad times.  And I hope he feels the same ... I know he does :)
During our nealy 33 years of marriage we have rarely argued.  We married when I was 18 years old and he was 20.  We were so young!
When our daughters were born we knew love like we had never known before.  The birth of a child will change your hearts forever.  Oh it did!  When Amber was born she was the light of our lives!  Two years later Jennifer was born and another little angel was in our life!  Two adorable little girls and two best friends. 
My husband has always been the best daddy in the world.  He would do anything for his two little girls.  They have always had him "wrapped around their little fingers".   Anything they ever wanted him to do he has done for them.
Now Jennifer is getting married in June and Amber is in Heaven and our lives are changed forever.  Oh how  we miss Amber and in June the wedding will be bittersweet without Amber here to share the "big day" with us.  We do know she will be looking down on us from above :)
We are so happy Jennifer has found "Mr. Right" and hopefully one day we will be grandparents.  What a great day that will be!
We do know that "love is a many splendored thing". 

Thanks for visiting and God Bless,
Donna

7 comments:

Brambleberry Cottage said...

You are so right, Donna. You think you know what "love" is, then you have children...and you really know the meaning of love!

I have so enjoyed your company at the cottage for the Fourteen Days of Love. Please stay in touch.

Hugs,
Liz

Marilyn said...

Our daughter's fathers sound like they were kindred spirits--I think they had us wrapped around their fingers, too. We do treasure the special memories of our dears ones. And our faith keeps us going each day. I am glad to have found you during the 14 Days of February. Thanks for stopping by and remember to come again. Blessings to you and your family.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I hope that your daughter will find the deep and long lasting love that you and your husband have in your marriage.

© Jennifer Raley said...

My heart just rejoices with you thinking of your daughter getting married and the prospect of grandchildren for you both some day. I'm so glad you and your husband are weathering the storms and embracing the blessings together.

Bernie said...

You and your husband have set a wonderful example for Jennifer.....and I hope she will be as happy as you both are.
It's okay to miss and grieve Amber, you gave her life and loved and nourished her....she is a part of your heart and will be forever. Now that she is gone part of your heart is gone and though you know she will be with you at Jennifer's wedding, somehow it is just not the same. I know as I miss my son everyday but I know I will be with him again when God calls me home and this brings me great comfort.
Keeping you in my heart and prayers always Donna........:-) Hugs

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Thinking of Jennifer and her hubby to be and wishing them happing.

Jan said...

Oh Donna, I thoroughly enjoyed your "14 Days of Love" and I sure hope that you and your honey enjoyed a lovely day together :) The picture below of you and your beautiful girls is absolutely wonderful! God Bless :)