Saturday, February 13, 2010

Plan Your Escape...


Brambleberry Cottage's Fourteen Days of Love
Day 13 - Plan Your Escape

I have never been much of a traveler.  I am pretty much a homebody. 
There have been several places I like to go and would not mind going again maybe for a weekend escape.
We went to the Biltmore last September and stayed at the Biltmore Inn.  It is a beautiful place to visit.

The Biltmore Inn...beautiful grounds.

I took this picture out of our room at the inn of the Biltmore Estate.  It is several miles away...a gorgeous place to visit!
Another view of the Biltmore Inn where we stayed.  I could imagine a romatic weekend there.


And we have also stayed many times at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville.
It is a magnificent place to visit!
These is a picture from our room overlooking the gardens.
Lush landscape everywhere you look! 
Gorgeous atrium rooms overlook the gardens.  After I posted this picture I realized that young lady is Jennifer coming back from the pool :)  I spotted her from our room and took her picture!

There are huge waterfalls inside the hotel.
There is a watershow seveal times a day we always enjoy and there are several restaurants inside the hotel we love to dine at.

My family has many memories the times we have stayed at the hotel.  We have visited many times during the summer months and twice for the Country Christmas.   I could easily spend a romantic weekend there too!

These are just a couple of places I enjoy going to and we will visit again one day soon.

Thanks for visiting and God Bless,
Donna

5 comments:

Bernie said...

Donna these places look absolutely beautiful, I have always wanted to visit Nashville at Christmas, it's on my bucket list.
Take care my friend......:-) Hugs

debbie said...

MY SWEET DONNA,
I DROPPED BY TO WISH YOU A HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO YOU, YOUR HUSBAND, JENNIFER AND AMBER AND AMY IN HEAVEN WATCHING OVER US.
I ENJOYED READING YOUR PAST POSTS. I ADORED THE PICTURE OF YOU AND YOUR TWO DAUGHTERS. YOU ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL.
I LOVE THE BABY PICTURE OF YOUR CAT. PRECIOUS. MY CATS CAN ALWAYS MAKE ME SMILE, TOO.
HOW'S THE WEDDING PLANS COMING ALONG
LOVE AND HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Phyllis AROUND THE HOUSE said...

wow I would love to be there for a couple of weeks just laying around soaking up all the loveliness...thanks for the beautiful pictures, I will take either hotel....come on over for a visit...phyllis

Brambleberry Cottage said...

I have wanted to visit the Biltmore Estate in NC for years and still haven't been there! So many lovely places to visit...so little time.

Hugs,
Liz

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

We were in Nashville in the summer of 2007 and we did not go to Opryland. What were we thinking? We did make it to the Ryman. That was fun.

The Biltmore looks marvelous. That's someplace I would like to go someday.