Thursday, February 25, 2010

Quilt Class .... What Was I Thinking?

There has been a beautiful quilt hanging in the quilt shop I love to visit.  I had been intending to take the class for awhile now.  The last class was being offered on Tuesday and I signed up last Friday over the phone.  I have too many things going on in my head and I let the class slip up on me!  I received my instructions for the class late Monday afternoon through the mail (I didn't want to drive 30 minutes to pick up the instructions).  I had purchased the pattern about a year ago.  I cut the squares out late Monday night for my class Tuesday.
Here is one of the blocks I completed during the class.  It goes really quick once you learn to do it all by machine and not by hand.  That's why I took the class!

Another block ... these have NOT been pressed!  I am pressed for time right now :) 

This is the quilt pattern we used called Moroccan Tiles. 
I like the scrappy look of it ... I have plenty of scraps!

Pieces I have prepped and ready for additonal blocks. 

So now that I have learned how to do it all by machine I am going to pack it away until after the wedding.  I have to finish the wedding quilt and so many other things that involves planning a wedding :)
I loved the class and it was nice to get away and sew and always make new friends.

Thanks for visiting and God Bless,
Donna

8 comments:

Carol at Serendipity said...

Donna,

How lovely. I love to quilt. Your quilt is going to be wonderful.

Have a wonderful day!

Carol

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very Pretty - you did good. :)

Bernie said...

Donna, your quilt and the colors are really pretty. I like the patchy look as well..Hugs

Linda said...

Donna,
You do such a beautiful work with your quilts! Thanks for posting my giveaway and party...it makes me happy:)

Blessings,
Linda

from my front porch... said...

Gosh, I would love to have talent like yours!
Just beautiful..
I cannot wait to see the wedding quilt.

Still cold here;21 degrees tonight! But, the weekend is to be sunny, near 50! Woohoo :)
xo, misha

Thelma said...

I'm so glad you went to class and had a good time. You're off to a great start on this new pattern. I like it!

Mary said...

I love the colors you are using for your quilt. I'm glad you found a class that would make this easier for you. It's a real undertaking with everything else you have on your plate. I hope you have a fabulous day.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What fun, I haven't quilted in "years". No time in the schedule for it now, but you sure brought back some fond memories. I've never seen the Moroccan Tile quilt pattern. I too stil have "ton" of scraps, that would be a great way to use them up.. hugs ~lynne~