Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sweets for the Sweet


The Brambleberry Cottage's Fourteen Days of Love Day 9 - Sweets for the Sweet

I love to bake especially in the winter when the weather is cold outside.  I love the smell of something baking in my oven.  Yesterday I baked Chocolate Mini Loaves.  I really like to use cake mixes for quick baking.  I had a german chocolate cake mix in the pantry so this is what I made...




I didn't want to wait on a bundt cake to bake.  I needed chocolate really quick so I baked mine in  four mini loaf pans in about 30-35 minutes.  It was warm right out of the oven when I took this picture. Yummy!
This is the recipe I used...


Sour Cream Chocolate Bundt Cake

1 package chocolate cake mix
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup vegetable oil  (I use canola oil)
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Mix cake mix, eggs, sour cream, warm water and oil in a large mixing bowl.  Mix well scraping the sides with a rubber spatula.  Fold in the chocolate chips.  Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 min.

This is very easy and quick to prepare.  I could have made a glaze for loaves but decided I didn't need one.  The loaves were delicious as they came right out of the oven.

   
Thank you for visiting and God Bless,
Donna

11 comments:

Ann Creek said...

This looks yummy and I can imagine it did smell good baking. Sweet thoughts.

Ann
tin and sparkle

Brambleberry Cottage said...

I love that you say you "needed chocolate really quick". I had to laugh at that comment. What is it about us women and chocolate?

I'll have to give your recipe a try.

~Liz

© Jennifer Raley said...

When I need chocolate really quick it's a mix of special dark chocolate chips, chopped pecans and marshmellows. Okay - it's more like a candy bar - but it's got the main ingredient...chocolate in it. My mom reminded me one day that she got me started on that a long time ago. I just grabbed some choc chips between reading posts. Ha. Jenn

from our front porch... said...

That looks great. YUM :)
J is the baker in our home. I am passing this on to him!
Thanks, Donna!
xo, misha

Bernie said...

Now I have to go find something chocolate, even if it's chocolate chips.....oh this looks so good........:-) Hugs

huntedtreasures said...

This sounds so delicious I will have to try the recipe my mouth is watery, can't wait until I try it.

It made us hungry, can't wait to smell it either.

Maria & Ruth
"Hunted Treasures"

bj said...

There's not much of anything in the whole world like warm cake, straight from the oven.
This sounds so so delicious.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh wonderful -- I can almost smell it too! I bet it's so good warm and fresh right out of the oven. Tried to post yesterday on your sweet kitty post -- pet love is so sweet as my furry boy sits curled at my feet right now!

Rebecca said...

Oh my! That looks sooooo good, I am glad I can't smell it or my diet would be out the window!
Blessings
Rebecca

Jen in NY said...

Mmmm, looks good! I'd love a slice! :-)

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Yum! Looks chocolicious! Can't go wrong with chocolate!