Monday, March 22, 2010

A Carrot from Scraps

I made this carrot a couple of years from fabrics in my scrap stash.
I saw the pattern in Quilts and More magazine and knew immediately it would be perfect for Easter.

It went together quicky and it was quilted with each strip I sewed.

Here it is with Williard the Wabbit!
If you sew or a quilter it is easily made and I have a carrot that cost me nothing but time.  It was really fun to sew.



Finally I found these last week at Hobby Lobby for $3 for the large one and $2 for the smaller ones.  They will go perfect in my bedroom.  They were regularly priced at $10 and $8.  Everyone loves a pretty tassel!



Sweet Bee Cottage is having a giveaway over at her blog celebrating her 122nd post.
She has the cutest blog.  Please go by and tell her I sent you! 
I would love to win these containers from Gooseberry Patch.

Thank you all for the comments on my last post.  I hope to get my sewing machine back this week.  In the meantime I am using another sewing machine I have and making other things.  I will show you later.

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna

12 comments:

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Your carrot is too cute!

Bernie said...

Donna you amaze me by making such beautiful things like quilts, carrots, etc and make it sound so very easy......I don't think you realize how challenged I am with a needle and thread. That's okay though I am pleased to be able to see all your wonderful goodies.
.......:-) Hugs

Kelee said...

Hi Donna!

Cute carrot! Love it!

Thank-you so much for visiting too!

love, kelee @ www.katillacshack.com

Jan said...

The carrot is adorable Donna! What a great idea and a lovely thing to have for Easter :) I'm so sorry about your sick machine ... it must have made you wanna throw something or smack something or kick something!!! Happy dancing 'bout that warranty tho! Something good in everything :) Hugs to you!

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

Cute carrot. And good find on the tassels. Wish I would have found them.

Gloria said...

Those tassels are GORGEOUS! You sure got a bargain! Enjoy finding spots for them.
Best regards,
Gloria

huntedtreasures said...

This is great project the carrot is so nice. How is your daughter's quilt coming along? Would like to see how it is taking place. Keep up the good crafting coming.

Maria

Linda said...

Donna,
That carrot is just so stinkin cute...luv how you already had everything that you needed. Thanks for coming to the NTT party...it's always so good to see you:)

Blessings,
Linda

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I just love when I come to a blog post and I exclaim out loud. I just did that over your absolutely adorable carrot. You got a "WOO!" out of me. Thanks for stopping by and posting about my giveaway. Good luck to you! These might be great for storing quilting/sewing supplies. :)

Rettabug said...

I've had that carrot tabletop pattern for years & now I'm kicking myself for not making it yet. You've inspired me to dig it out & get it done for next year. Beautifully done, Donna!

jennifer said...

Donna, I SO wish that I could sew! Your carrot turned out adorable!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a darling carrot! Perfect for Spring and Easter -- I bet all the bunnies want to hang out on your table! Thanks for your sweet visit to my "wicked" table this week!