Thursday, March 4, 2010

Christmas All Year Long...

This past weekend when we went to the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee we stayed at the Christmas Inn in Pigeon Forge.  This is where we always stayed when we took Amber with us once it opened a couple of years ago.
 It is Christmas all year long!
The main entrance to the inn.  The lobby doors have wreaths etched into the glass with soldiers ready to greet you on either side.

A huge fireplace as you enter the main lobby doors.

A huge tree looking out into the courtyard. You can tell from the chairs how tall it stands.  A huge cuckoo clock is on the opposite side.

Every floor has a table that welcomes you as you exit the elevator.  I love these elves!  Even the lamps are decked out with holly.

A huge cuckoo clock that plays music every hour.  I took this picture looking down from the second floor lobby.  Santa pops out of the doors at the top.  Children and adults gather to see the clock every hour.  

A gorgeous nativity scene above the check-in desk.
The real "reason for the season".

Another view of the clock looking up.  I was actually sitting in one of the chairs by the huge Christmas tree in the picture above.  I could have sat there all night long. 
On Saturday night Santa Claus sang songs with milk and cookies being served.

I loved this display ... A Christmas Story with Ralphie! Love the leg lamp and the Red Ryder BB gun in the wreath.  So cute!  This was outside our hotel door. 
The displays have always been different each time we stay there.

This is an elf sitting on the huge clock.  He greets everyone as they enter :) 

Just one of the lovely wreaths they have hanging in the hotel.

This adorable display was in the dining room where breakfast is served.  These are Mark Roberts elves.

An outside view of the front of the Inn at night.  It was soo cold and had been snowing. 

We tried to enjoy our weekend remembering times we had spent there with Amber ... at times it was very hard and emotional.  In my memory I can see her sitting looking up at the huge cuckoo clock waiting for it to ring and play Christmas music. 

I hope you enjoyed a little tour of the Christmas Inn.  If you love Christmas decorations you might want to visit it if your in the area.

Thanks for visiting and God Bless,
Donna

11 comments:

Bernie said...

Donna, what a beautiful place, I would love to visit there one day......it is so nice you have lovely memories of Amber there. My heart aches for you and your family but I honestly feel Amber would want you all to be happy. I feel she was there with you looking up at the clock, she will always be with you Donna, she is a part of your heart......:-) Hugs

Linda said...

Donna,
What a beautiful tour...this hotel is very pretty with all the CHRISTMAS decor year round. Hope you have a FUN weekend:)

Blessings,
Linda

Miriam said...

Wow!! Its all sooo pretty! The snow outside would have made it gorgeous!
Amber will always be with you in your heart.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
Enjoy your weekend.

Jan said...

Beautiful pictures Donna ... such a lovely place! It's no wonder Amber loved it so :) Can you imagine the gorgeous sites she's enjoying in Heaven these days :)

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

Donna I'm so happy for you that you were able to get away and stay in such a lovely place.

Marilyn said...

I would love to visit that place because Christmas is my favorite time. Reality though means I probably won't, so I appreciate that you are sharing those sights and memories with us. It is also good that you share your thoughts about your sweet daughter. I know how much we miss those that have gone on home with out us. Peace to you and your family. ♥♪

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a beautiful spot with special memories. I know this journey is so difficult for all of you and I do hope that one day those memories will bring much joy and comfort to you. I can honestly say, that although I don't know what it is like to lose a child, I would imagine it brings a grief that's far beyond any other griefs we bear. I'm glad that you share with us and I hope that in some small way, us being here is a comfort for you. Your faith and strength shines through you sorrow.

huntedtreasures said...

Donna, This is beautiful just the place I like to spend a week in, I am so glad you went and took all these pic for us to see and enjoy. It is like going to Disneyland in Christmas.

Hugs,
Maria

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. The pictures are beautiful. I sometimes don't know what to say here when the loss of your dear Amber is so strong. I hope sharing these memories help you and now so many more of us have gotten to know a little bit more of Amber and her memory lives on with us too.

God bless,
Janelle

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Looks like a fun palce.