Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter Tablescape for the Kitchen

Susan at Between Naps on the Porch is hosting her weekly Tablescape Thursday.  She always has such beautiful tablescapes.  Please go by and visit her and other participants.  It is always fun to see other tables especially at Easter.



This Easter is going to be very simple for us this year. Jennifer has to work... she is a pharmacist and work goes on as usual.  So many of my family members have been sick so I think my husband and I may just go eat somewhere.


So instead of decorating the dining room table I thought I would put together a simple Easter tablescape for the kitchen table.

I found these Easter egg plates at Pottery Barn a few years ago after Easter at 50% off.  These is the first time I have used them! 

Each plate is a different color.  I used my Butler's Pantry dinner plates ... I love these plates ... they are so versatile.

I used yellow tulips from HL in a pitcher I normally use on the kitchen table with other flowers.  I change them out for the seasons.  I wish those eggs were real ... I would eat them!

I love the shade of green on this egg plate.  I used dishclothes as napkins I purchased from TJ Maxx and the napkin rings I ordered from The Style Sisters.  The napkin rings are so dainty and cute!

I love this blue plate! 

I found the green placemats after Christmas on sale ... this color is so popular at Christmas now.  I decided they look so spring like to me I would use them for Spring!

 The little chicks holding the egg with the tealight is so cute!

These are my flirty little chicks!

These faux chocolate bunnies I found at Hobby Lobby last year.  They look so real I could eat them :)

This was very simple and I hope you enjoyed seeing just a little bit of my Easter decor.  I didn't even set the table with glasses or the cutlery .... I forgot!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless,
Donna

16 comments:

erin said...

what a wonderful and cheery tablescape you have created. i love those cute egg plates.
happy easter to you and god bless.
erin

Kristy Carberry said...

Oh, I love these plates! I just came from a blog that had the PB egg plates, but in different patterns...she found hers at GW (lucky!) Thank you for sharing, Happy Easter!

Maria@ChicaBellaCrafts said...

I love that the plates are different colors, it's unexpected but makes for a very nice touch.

Cindy said...

I love, love, love those big white plates. Such a great background for your colorful and fun egg plates. Thanks for sharing.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What a charming table setting. I could just pull my chair right up and enjoy that bunny! I love your plates from PB. I agree, your white plates are very versatile. It all goes nicely and springily together.

So what are we eatin'? I'll be right over . . .

Scribbler said...

Well, silverware or no, it's still very cute and Eastery1

Scribbler
http://scribbler-unfocused.typepad.com/

Jan said...

What a pretty table Donna and I adore those little egg plates! Those colors make me feel good all over :) Enjoy your quiet Easter w/your honey my dear :) It'll be quiet at our house this year too, so I plan on doing the same :) God Bless!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Now this table must be set for me! I love pink and green! Love your pretty Easter look -- hope everyone's on the mend. Wishing you and your family many Easter blessings!

Mimi said...

Cute table...love those adorable egg plates!

Linda Q said...

Very pretty Donna, love all the bright colors.
Enjoy your Easter!
Linda

Marilyn said...

Who cares about the silverware and glasses? It's eye candy for me! The spring green looks so GOOD now, but at Christmas time I didn't like it at all. The chocolate bunnies are better than real because you can't eat them! Thanks for sharing. May you and your family have a blessed Easter. I know how difficult this one will be for you. ♥♫

Bernie said...

I loved the green egg plate Donna and thought all your decorations were very pretty. Have a very Happy Easter my sweet friend...:-) Hugs

Ann said...

Donna, I love the plates shaped like eggs. Also, those two little chicks are adorable! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter. :)

Richie's 2ts Inspires said...

Oh! the centerpiece & the chicky candle holder. Wow! so cuties.

Your treasures are so pretty.

Happy Easter...

Johanna said...

Dear Donna, sometimes we are not in mind to decorate cute things when we think about our sorrows. Your table looks nice and even if you dont use it for Easter, you made a good job. If you and your husband celebrate Easter alone this year - thats somehow like the things develope. Children grew up and leave the house in any way and we get the chance to refresh our partnership (I am not sure, if I use the correct term). So take the chance, dress up nicely and went with your husband out for eating having dinner somewhere nice. Amber would like to see you happy.

I wish you and your family a happy Easter.
Johanna

from my front porch... said...

Oh, Donna, how pretty! What a gorgeous table setting!
We will be in the barn as usual :) Most os the time I do a little picnic for us!

Go to Walmart and get a pair of purple tennis shoe like mine. I think they were only $12.00!
My new "outside" kicks! I think Amber would love it! Then you can blog about your purple tennies, too! We can be twinks!!

Love ya lots and God Bless... xo, misha

p.s. I so agree with Johanna