Saturday, March 20, 2010

Frustration ...


This is how I have felt the past two days!  Frustrated! 
There has been too many things going on which is a good thing at times ... it keeps my mind busy!  I was determined to finish Jennifer's wedding quilt this weekend.  I was in my sewing room busy as a bee and my husband came in to talk to me a minute when just out of the blue my sewing machine went OUT.  Nothing!  No warning at all!  Just a blank screen!   I turned it off for a while and retried it several times with nothing happening.  So I couldn't sleep last night for being so frustrated.  I stayed up and "farmed" Amber's farm on Facebook!  What has my life come too?
When I got up this morning I called the sewing machine dealer and had to drive an hour to Birmingham to carry my machine to let the serviceman look at it.  Good news and bad news!  The bad news is it is a computer part that sends power to the rest of the machine ... thus no screen last night!  The good news it is still under warranty!  Thank goodness!  My husband bought me the machine 5 years ago on June 30 ... so if it was going to "go out" I am glad it is now rather than July 1st.
So now I am without my regular machine for a week and the quilt is on hold unless I want to use my other machine.  When I began a quilt top I like to use the same machine so I have the exact 1/4 inch seam allowance.
Hey I may resort to my Singer Featherweight I purchased last Fall.  I haven't sewn on it much so I may be going to use it tomorrow :) 
Sometimes our computerized "things" are so nice but at times they are a pain!  Hopefully I will keep what sanity I have left! LOL

Oh well gotta go and decide what to do or I may "farm" tonight!

Thanks for visiting and maybe my next update will be more upbeat!
God Bless,
Donna

9 comments:

Linda said...

Hang in there Donna...it will get better:) Hope you have a wonderful SUNDAY!

Blessings,
Linda

A Fire Fighter Wifey said...

Well I am glad that it's still covered!! I wish I knew how to sew... I would LOVE to make a fire fighter quilt for my hubby.
Hang in there things will get better, they always do... - God never gives us more then we can handle!- and thus I have to say over and over again to myself sometimes! So I know how you feel!
Happy thoughts! =)
~Erica
http://thevisserclan.blogspot.com

Bernie said...

Donna, I had one of those weeks and was so glad when everything was fixed and working again. This too shall pass sweetie, and all will be well.......:-) Hugs

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh dear! That is super frustrating! I with you though, I'm glad it was still under warranty.

debbie said...

DEAR SWEET DONNA,
STOP FOR A MINUTE AND LRT'S JUST SIP A CUP OF TEA. TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND BLOW IT OUT......EVERYTHING WILL GET DONE...IT WILL BE A BEAUTIFUL WEDDING AND YOUR DAUGHTER WILL BE A BEAUTIFUL BRIDE AND YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND WILL BE THE GORGEOUS PARENTS OF THE BRIDE AND THE EXCEPTIONAL BRIGHTNESS OF THE CLOUDS AND STARS WILL BE AMBER,,,,I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF THERE ARE CLOUDS THAT LOOK LIKE A WEDDING CAKE AND WEDDING RINGS...YOU'LL BE SURE TO KNOW IT IS AMBER'S PRESENCE.
TODAY WAS THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING AND WE RECEIVED 3.5 INCHES OF SNOW AND ICE AND HIGH WINDS. FRIDAY THE TREE POLLEN WAS 100% AND PEOPLE WERE SNEEZING EVERYWHERE.
OUR DISHWASHER WENT OUT BUT IT WAS SO OLD, THERE WAS NO WARRANTY.
I THANK GOD YOUR SEWING MACHINE WAS UNDER WARRANTY...I AM SURE THAT WOULD BE COSTLY TO FIX, IF THERE IS ANY LITTLE THING I CAN MAKE FOR YOU THAT WOULD BE OF HELP, LET ME KNOW.
I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU AND THE WEDDING.
HUGS AND LOVE
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Thelma said...

I definitely take my machine for granted, I turn it on and expect it to work. How frustrating to be under a deadline and to have problems. I agree, switching machines may mess with your 1/4 inch seam allowance.

I LOVE the new blog look, you seem to find the cutest ones!

Lindsay said...

Sorry you've had such frustrations!!! It is so sweet of you to be making a quilt for Jen! It will be gorgeous and you know she will be so excited to get it!! Then you can start working on baby quilts :)

Marilyn said...

I actually know what you are talking about regarding "the Farm"!! Your Easter background is so sweet. That quilt WILL be finished and you will enjoy working on it when the part fixes the problem. God must have something else for you to focus on this next week. Perhaps your well being. ♥♪

Gloria said...

Just think: You might have a lot of frustrations with getting your things ready for the wedding, but just think how happy your daughter will be? Then it will all be worth it when you look back on it! Ask the good Lord for continued patience! :)
Best regards,
Gloria