Monday, March 8, 2010

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Linda at Coastal Charm is hosting her second Nifty Thrifty Tuesday.
Who doesn't like a bargan?  I know I do!
Please visit Linda and see what she is sharing this week along with the other participants.

I found this "Glad Tidings" plate by the Bradford Exchange at a local thrift store for $5.  I love angels and it is a beautiful plate.  The colors in this Christmas plate are gorgeous.  It may be part of a collection ... I haven't had time to check it out on the internet.  If anyone has any idea please let me know.

I love Homegoods and the last time I was in the store they had their Valentine's merchandise at 70% off.  I saw these tablecloths and purchased each one for $3 a piece.  One is round for my kitchen table and the other two are large.  I can use one of the large ones for my dining room table and I may cut the other one into squares and hem for napkins.  I love red and white and especially with hearts :)

Finally I found these at Walmart last fall for $1.00 a pack!  I bought 12 napkins for $12 ... each pack contains 4 napkins.  They are a beautiful shade of green and I thought I could machine embroider these for spring ... maybe something Easter.

These are my bargains for this week.

The weather has been beautiful here today with sunshine and a high near 70 degrees.  I can't wait for Spring!

Thank you for visiting and God Bless,
Donna


12 comments:

Diann said...

Great finds! that plate looks beautiful!

Dragonfly Treasure said...

WOW! Awesome finds!~ Pretty plate
*hugs*deb

Hepworths said...

I love your green napkins!

Allison @ http://www.houseofhepworths.com/

Thelma said...

I've finally figured out why I never run across great finds like you do, I never shop!! Those Valentine tablecloths are super cute. I like your idea about making napkins. An Easter design on those green napkins would be lovely!!

I'm envious of your weather.....

Jane said...

Great bargains! I love the color of the napkins you found. They will be perfect for Easter.
Jane

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You did get some great deals. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jen in NY said...

Hi Donna! Love the great deals you got...the plate is gorgeous. Your tables will look lovely too. :-) Jen

Marilyn said...

Hi, That angel plate would be up all year with my Christmas things in the hall to my bedroom. Your linen bargains are wonderful. Maybe when I have spring break I'll want to shop a little, and I'll be on the look out for napkins that Dot and I can both use. Thanks for sharing. ♥♪

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Those are some marvelous napkins. I can't wait to see what you do with the green. I've never thought of turning a tablecloth into napkins. How do you do it? Do you have a serger?

I'm glad you found an angel plate. I bet you'll be finding a lot more of those.

Linda said...

I see a EASTER tablescape in the making with those pretty green napkins...great price! Happy NTT!

Blessings,
Linda

Rettabug said...

Oh boy, would those pretty mint green napkins have gone well on my tablescape this week! Very good bargain shopping!!

♥ your plate & buying it at a thrift store means you don't have to be hounded by the Bradford Exchange mailings. They never let up!!

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Great buys - what a Beautiful Plate