Thursday, March 18, 2010

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

My husband and I were going to look for me some shoes for the wedding last Saturday at the local mall and we had gotten back on the interstate heading home and looked in the rearview mirror at the clouds and there was this beautiful rainbow!  It had been raining and suddenly this beauty appeared.
I had not seen a rainbow like this in years.  It was beautiful and very large.  My husband got off the next exit on the interstate and we turned facing it so I could get some photos.   Thank goodness I always have my camera in my purse with a million other things!

I feel like Amber sent this to us to brighten our day! 
She had completed a questionaire on Facebook a few months before about what her job in Heaven would be one day.  She was excited to know her job would be making the shapes of clouds.  After she went to Heaven we always look up at the skies to see what forms we can see.  This day we saw this beautiful rainbow.  We were so happy to see this gorgeous rainbow appear in the skies.  We know Amber is looking down on us and making us smile again :)
I wish I could find a  pot of gold at the end of it!

&

Here is a picture of the bride-to-be ... dressed for St. Patrick's Day!
I know Amber was laughing at Jennifer too with her "ears" on! 
They were such close sisters!

I need to get busy with wedding "stuff".

Thanks for visiting and God Bless,
Donna

9 comments:

Dogmom Diva said...

Donna, what a lovely post, I know Amber is looking down on you and letting you know she is ok..and if you find that pot of gold, will you let me know, lol!
Have a great evening:)
Barb

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What a sweet post. I have no doubt that the rainbow was a gift from heaven for you. Now, did you find shoes? That's a gift too!

When is the wedding? I know soon, but I can't remember exactly when.

Jeanette said...

I know she sent you that rainbow. My niece says that my daughter sends odd shaped clouds to her all the time.

Did you find the shoes?

Bernie said...

As soon as I saw the picture, before I read your words I thought Amber is showing them this rainbow and then you said it as well. She is probably telling you she is enjoying all the wedding plans and the beautiful colors surrounding all of you.......I just know she is with you all and is so happy for her beautiful sister who looked really cute on St. Patrick's Day I might add......Oh this post makes me feel wonderful for all of you...Hugs

erin said...

oh donna, amber wanted the job of
"cloud shaping"? that is the sweetest thing i have ever heard.....i will think of her when i stair at the shapes. beautiful.

Miriam said...

What a beautiful rainbow!

Good luck with all the wedding arrangements.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Very beautiful, and what a blessing to see a rainbow!

Allyson said...

What a special post. That is a beautiful rainbow, and such sweet sentiments attached to it. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how sweet -- I'll think of Amber next time I see some pretty clouds! Thanks for your comments about my girls smocked dresses. I just love them too. My mom smocked a few things for my Katy -- they were so sweet and special!