Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring & Wedding Details

Spring is arriving here!  My forsythia is finally blooming.  I was beginning to wonder if I would ever see the beautiful yellow blooms this year.  Spring has been very slow arriving here this year. 

I always love the dainty little yellow flowers on my forsythia bush in the Spring.


I took this picture looking up at a huge Bradford pear tree we have in the front yard.  These trees are always so lovely in the Spring.  I have often wondered why they call them Bradford pear trees when they don't have any pears! 

And the wedding plans are just about complete.  It's just the small details we have to check off the list.  The bride-to-be has stressed over her dress!  Imagine that!  :)  Alterations have taken longer than expected and bridal protraits should be next week.  The dress should have the hem completed this week.  One more thing to mark off the list. 
It's just the little things that seem to take so much time!  I have been so busy this past week.  We have shopped for bridal shower dresses and shoes and finally I think Jennifer has decided on which one she will wear to each occasion.  Then there's the after-rehearsal dinner and the bridesmaid's luncheon and she had to find the "perfect" dress for each event.  Oh ... I have never helped someone try on so many dresses in my life!
We did meet with the florist this week and the flowers are going to be beautiful!  Jennifer is going to have green apples in clear vases at the reception with flowers spilling out of the vases. Decisions on the final menu for the reception has to be decided on soon.  There are so many decisions!  When my husband and I were married 33 years ago it was very simple.  These days weddings take months to plan.  My husband told her she should have just gone to the courthouse! LOL  She didn't like that idea!   
I also picked up the unity candles this week that she had engraved with their initials ... they are beautiful.  She wants to have a candle for Amber with her initials as well that will be lit for the ceremony.  Jennfier always remembers her sister.  She is using purple (iris) for the bridesmaids dresses ... Amber's favorite color. 

Although it has been stressful with wedding plans it has kept my mind busy ...which is good.  I miss Amber so much!  I decorated her gravesite this week with Easter colors.  I found a purple Easter egg and put it with beautiful spring flowers with bunnies on her headstone. 

I seem to have so many moods lately.  One minute I am thinking about wedding plans and the next minute I am crying because I miss Amber's sweet smile so much!  I do know she is watching us from Heaven with a huge smile on her face!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless,
Donna

15 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Your trees are beautiful. I love the Bradford Pear trees. I wish I had one in my yard. There is a couple in the neighborhood so I'll pretend there mine. lol
Enjoy the wedding stress it will be over soon.
I know your daughter is watching you as you decorate for her. :-) She's up there smiling.

Miriam said...

Your husband sounds exactly like mine!!....and we still have 12 months to go! Times certainly have changed.

I love the blossom on your Bradford Pear tree.

Bernie said...

I loved your photos, you are much further ahead than we are but our snow is almost all gone now.
Jennifer's plans sound wonderful and I know this is a stressful time, Easter is next week and it will be your first Easter without Amber, of course you miss her and sweetie it is okay to cry.
I love that Jennifer is having a candle for Amber at the wedding and using her favorite color....Jennifer is very kind to include her sister on her special day. My heart and prayers are with you both......:-) Hugs

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

Congrats on the wedding. I can't wait for my bradford pears to blossom. Beautiful.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your Spring blossoms are so pretty!
Sounds like it will be a beautiful wedding - it will soon be a wonderful memory.

Marilyn said...

I will have to see if the pear tree would grow here. It looks so pretty and would make a nice memorial tree to plant in our garden for my husband. I know exactly what you mean about happy one minute and tears the next. I'm finding holiday family dinners very difficult. Our faith will get us through!

Have a blessed Easter and have fun with the parties and final wedding plans. ♥♫

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Your flowers are beautiful. We don't have a forsythia but we have 5 Bradford pears. They just hummm with the sound of bees during the spring. Ours bloomed about a month ago.

The wedding plans sound wonderful. I just love the green apple idea and I bet it will look gorgeous with the iris color of the girls. I didn't know there were so many dresses either. When we got married (almost exactly 20 years ago) I didn't have that many events or parties.

My heart goes out to you. Amber was so precious to you all. I'm sure she's enjoying her Easter decorations.

Hugs to you,
Janelle

Jen in NY said...

Hi Donna! Your spring blooms are beautiful. We're a wee bit behind you up here. LOL

This has got to be a bittersweet time for you. Planning Jennifer's happy day and not having Amber there to share it with. {{hugs}} You cry all you want, any mother would do the same.

from my front porch... said...

I keep checking on Jennifer's site too!! I just love feeling like I am "in" the wedding plans :) Cannot wait to see the pics from all the events!
So sweet and tender of you to decorate Amber's place....Yes, she is your Angel :)

Love ya Donna! xo, misha

Rettabug said...

{{HUGS}} to you, Donna. I can't imagine what you're going through, as each first holiday without Amber passes. I hope it eases your pain to know she is at Peace. I'm glad that you've got the wonderful wedding plans to distract you some of the time. Prepare for a major let-down when that is over. Ask me how I know!! :/
I'll add your family to my Holy Week prayers.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sounds like you and Jennifer are having a lot of FUN shopping and planning...what is the date of the wedding? I hope all of you have a wonderful EASTER:)

Blessings,
Linda

Southern Lady said...

Donna, it's wonderful that Jennifer is making Amber so much a part of her wedding. I know that helps all of you to feel her presence and know that she is, indeed, smiling down at you from Heaven.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, you all are so much further ahead of us with all the Spring going on. Thankfully, we have had Spring temps and it has been gorgeous outside. Sounds like the wedding plans are moving along. I, too, think it's wonderful Jennifer is including your sweet Amber as a part of the wedding. Be still and know when you feel a breeze you'll feel her presence.. many prayers and hugs ~lynne~

Jan said...

Beautiful pictures Donna :) I know this is a terribly sad time for you, but I remain ever so thankful that you have the wedding to keep your mind occupied ... such a lovely occasion to look forward to. Happy Easter my dear and God Bless you and yours :)

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

I'll bet Amber is watching over those wedding plans just as closely as anyone.