Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bridal Shower ...

I feel like I have partied all weekend!  Jennifer had her first bridal shower Saturday at my sister's house.  My sister Kathy had her beautiful house all decorated for my sweet daughter.  When Jennifer arrived I told her she matched the front doors :)

Here is the bride! 

Here we are together.  I look so pale next to her ... got to get me some sun!  You know I look so big next to her!  She is like a size 0!  Nothing to her ... I try to fatten her up ... doesn't work!

We are all gathering around the table like we do here in the South for any occasion!  Lots of good food as always :)

I love this picture ... we had Jennifer practice cutting the cake!  And no ... she did not have to serve the cake :)

Random picture before the guests arrived.

Here she is opening one of the many gifts. 
The couple received so many wonderful things this weekend.

These were so yummy!  I wish I had one right now.

She is becoming her mother as they say!  She would never have admitted that several years ago!
  She registered for Lenox Butler's Pantry for her everyday dishes. 
I began my collection last year and once she saw the dishes she loved them too.  Her china pattern is Lenox Opal Innocence.  I will post a picture of it later.

Jennifer and Jeremy also had another shower in his hometown on Sunday ... I will share those pictures in the next post.  I have so many pictures to go through and decide which ones to post. 
I am sure Jennifer will post more pics on her blog later in the week when she has a few minutes! 

I have decided that once you have been married at least 25 years you need to have another shower to at least get new towels. LOL  I sure could use some new ones!

I have been so busy and I am behind on visiting other blogs. 
 I hope to visit all of you this week.

Please pray for me!  I had a very emotional week last week ... my husband had a medical test and everything is great!  Thank the Lord!  One of my best friends was diagnosed with breast cancer and I spent another day with her for pre-op tests and doctor visits.  She had surgery yesterday and is doing great!  Thank goodness she caught it early!

 And then driving home by myself on Sunday I was listening to my CD by Mercy Me  ... I just became so emotional!  We played a couple of songs at Amber's funeral and I listened to them while driving and I thought I was going to have to get my husband come and pick me up.  I said a prayer and I made it home fine with mascara running all down my face!  Now that was a sight! LOL  I just miss my Amber so much!   Everyone that knew and loved her misses her along with us :)  She was watching us from above laughing at Jennifer with new cookware! 

Thank you for visiting me and God Bless!
Donna


16 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

You and Jennifer look so beautiful! You will both be gorgeous on this special day coming up soon! What a lovely occasion. I know what you mean about music -- we sang a hymn on Sunday that was one played at my mother's funeral almost 8 years ago and I had a really tough time getting through. I am often moved by music -- I think it's in our souls.

I'm all for the 25th year shower! It's amazing how things all seem to wear out at the same time.

Blessings to you and Jennifer as you get closer to her beautiful wedding.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
What a beautiful bride...so you have a size 0 daughter too...my oldest (23) is a 0 and eats anything that she wants...just not fair! Enjoy all the FUN with your beautiful daughter:)

Blessings,
Linda

Marilyn said...

When my dad and husband passed on, I did my crying in the car, too. I got to be quite good at driving with the tears streaming down my face. I love the song "For Those Tears I Died" and played it for my Dad's memorial service. The kids at Sunday School always wanted to sing that song for opening, so it became one of my favorites, too. If you've never heard it, let me know.

Your family now has some very exciting and new memories in the making. Enjoy this time and have a truly happy heart. Peace to you. ♥♫

Miriam said...

Ohh Jennifer looks gorgeous!!

You look adorable together!!

I cried a lot in the car too. I think part of it was because I knew I was alone there, but sometimes a song would come on the radio and I would just start sobbing.
I am sure I got some strange looks at the traffic lights when I had tears down my face.


I'm so glad you DH is OK and I hope your friend makes a swift recovery.

from my front porch... said...

Oh, my gosh! Donna, what a week you had..
So glad to hubby is ok! I will keep your friend in my prayers.
And, you my friend, are always in my thoughts and prayers...

Both you and Jennifer just look glorious :)
What a gorgeous shower! Please post as many pics as you want! We would all enjoy seeing them!
Love and God Bless, misha

Bernie said...

Donna you and Jennifer look so beautiful, you all in the South really do bridal showers in a beautiful way.....and so dressed up.
I knew you were having a rough week, and prayed everyday for you and your family. Emotions are high for you and your family right now, this is normal sweetie you will have more of these times but your faith will get you through. So happy your husband is well and I will pray for the others. Luv ya...Hugs

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Jennifer is beautiful. I love her dress.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks and sounds like everyone had an enjoyable time. You and your daughter are pretty ladies. Glad your husband is ok.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Donna, It was so wonderful to meet you. What a precious and touching post! You must have seen the highest high and the saddest low this weekend. I have said a prayer for you and a praise that you could enjoy somethings so special as your daughters bridal shower.
Blessings to you,
Yvonne

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh Donna your daughter is as beautiful as you are! She looks so lovely and so do you. So many changes in your life right now. I'm praying for you right now - pause - and you will continue to be in my prayers. I can't wait to see more pictures.

erin said...

she is so beautiful!! i am praying for you, sweety.

Jan said...

Oh Donna, what lovely pictures of you and Jennifer! Like Mother, like Daughter... beautiful!!! I'm so sorry for the sadness that creeped in tho ... it unfortunately is something that we can't control, but I'm thanking God for the happiness that you enjoyed as well :) Hugs to you my dear!

Manuela@TPOH said...

Jennifer is a gorgeous girl and the photos of you two are so sweet! So happy your husband and friend are doing well.

Manuela

Kerrie said...

Jennifer is beautiful, enjoyed the photos so much! God Bless, Kerrie

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Donna, my heart goes out to you for your loss of Amber. Nothing I can say will comfort you, but I know that our Father will give you strength for this journey.

Loved the shower pictures. I'm glad there is happiness in your life.

Brambleberry Cottage said...

Oh, Donna! Every time I read of your anguish my heart aches for you. Better days are ahead, and I know that the LORD is going to turn your sadness to gladness.

Jennifer is such a beauty! You must be busy, busy, busy as the mother of the bride. I know I was when my lovely daughter got married.

What a blessing to be gaining a son (in marriage). And who knows...perhaps a grandbaby in the near future.

I can tell you from personal experience grandbabies are a joy you'll praise the LORD for every day! :)

Come by the cottage for a visit. I miss hearing from you.

Hugs and blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage