Friday, April 16, 2010

Busy as a Bee ...


I have been so busy with everything ... sometimes there is not enough hours in the day.  I am trying to put my dining room back together today after my husband finished painting.  I put this antique planter of Gerber daisies in my bay window ... it just looked empty until I get everything put back where it belongs.  I love Gerber dasies  ... I love all flowers :) 

We had just hung some plates last night above the french doors that go to the screen porch when about five minutes later I heard a crash!  I knew one of my Bordallo bunny plates had fallen  ... I couldn't go look!  My sweet husband felt bad that one had fallen. They had been hanging in the same place we had taken them down from when he painted.  I told him things like dishes do not matter anymore after you lose a child.  It's just a plate ... it can be replaced.

Jennifer has updated her blog with her other bridal shower ... they received so many wonderful things!  I have some pictures I will post too when I have more time.  In the meantime if you have a second go look at her blog and see the cute cake with the "W". 

Gotta get busy!
Blessings,
Donna

6 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love Gerber daisies. Almost bought some at Lowe's yesterday, but decided not to. I bookmarked your daughter's blog and will visit when have a little more time.
Enjoy your weekend.

Jen in NY said...

I love those daisies too. I plant some every spring! Sorry about the plate...that stinks! I bet the room looks great freshly-painted, though!

Bernie said...

Oh sorry about your plate but isn't it the truth, pales compared to what you have been through. I visited Jennifer's blog, loved it. She is so cute and I thought the picture of you and her was sweet. Enjoy your weekend my friend........:-) Hugs

from my front porch... said...

I just love gerber daisies :)
You are so right. When you have lost something as precious as a child, all other things are just put into perspective.

When are you going to show your new purple kicks?!

xo, misha

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Your gerbera daisies look so pretty. Too bad about your plate but you certainly have the right perspective on it.

Hugs,
Janelle

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Loved reading about the shower through Jennifer's experience -- your daisies are so pretty! Wishing you joy as you plan for the upcoming wedding! Fun that it will be the same date as my nephew's and Becky's -- I'll be sending you happy thoughts that day!