Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hearts for Jack



Kim at Daisy Cottage has posted the hearts for Jack that you can read about on her blog. Such a sweet story!
When I read the story I knew I had to make a heart for Jack in memory of Natasha.  This is the heart I made for Jack and I made Kim one for Daisy Cottage for hosting and being such an inspiration to Natasha and to me as well.  I also made me one for Amber to hang in my sewing room.
I attached a small note letting Jack know that my daughter, Amber passed away 7 months ago and I know his pain.  Our hearts will never be the same.
If you get the chance go by and visit Daisy Cottage and see the other hearts as well.  Blogging is such a wonderful thing!

I have had so many things going on this past week I will have to catch up with you all later.  I have missed reading everyone's blog entries this week. 
Two wedding showers are this weekend and I will have pics to post!

Thank you for your sweet comments and thanks for visiting.
God Bless,
Donna

7 comments:

Bernie said...

Donna I have just read Jack's story and am in tears....life is so very hard at times....Hugs

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I am so thrilled that you and I met through the Hearts for Jack project. I look forward to becoming great blog friends. I want to send you an email, as I could not explain everything to you about our loss in a comment. Talk to you later. Have a wonderful time at the showers this weekend. What fun!!! Love & blessings from NC!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Somehow I missed the Hearts for Jack. What a sweet tribute. Your hearts are just so sweet. Red gingham is just so cheery! How did you write the names? You are so sweet to make those.

Jen in NY said...

Your hearts are just beautiful. What a kind person you are, I really admire you Donna!!

Jan said...

Oh Donna, your heart for Jack is gorgeous my dear and how sweet of you to make one for Kim too!

Pinky said...

It looks like it was a wonderful shower!!! My daughter is getting married in Sept. so there will be a shower here in July!!! I am so excited! YOur daughter is beautiful and you do NOT look big next to her!!!! XO, Pinky

Manuela@TPOH said...

Kim is a special woman - she's been such an inspiration to me in so many ways. Your hearts are gorgeous!

Manuela