Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pretty and Pink


I have been so busy with wedding preparations and I have neglected by blog.  I opened up my blog to download pictures and it has changed!  I don't like change!  UGH!!

We dodged the tornadoes around here over the weekend, however about 30 miles away there is major damage.  I feel for the people who lost their homes but thankfully no one was killed in our state from the tornadoes.  The weatherman was on all day Saturday keeping everyone updated.  We just had lots of rain in our area.
I did manage to pick a few pink azalea blooms before the storms.  These are very large blooms and just gorgeous.  Azaleas are always so beautiful here in the South.  I love to drive through the neighborhoods with older homes and see the massive azaleas.  So pretty!

Some more pink! 
We planted these Knock-out roses last summer and they were small.  Now they have tripled in size and full of blooms.  They are drought and disease resistant ... my kind of bush!

I have never been successful with growing roses so I am thrilled with my Knock-out roses.  We planted these at the end of our driveway on the basement end of the house.  I wonder why they call them Knock-out roses ...

So pretty and pink!

I hope you are all having a good week.
Thank you for visiting and God Bless!
Donna

10 comments:

Thelma said...

Your Azaleas are beautiful, love the roses too. I've been keeping up with Jennifer's blog, what exciting and happy times. Enjoy the fun!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

That was a good idea to bring in some blooms before that storm! Love our SOUTHERN flowers!

Blessings,
Linda

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your flowers are beautiful! I love roses.
Thanks for sharing them with us.

Marilyn said...

My favorite color for any kind of flower! Maybe I'll try that variety of rose here in Colorado. Thanks for sharing. ♥♫

from my front porch... said...

Beautiful, beautiful flowers, Donna!
I bet you are busy! Wedding is getting closer by the day :)
So glad you all fared ok with the tornados, storms, etc! I kept you in my prayers...
Have a great week!
xo, misha

Bernie said...

Am so happy that you were safe during those storms, felt so bad for those who weren't.
Love the photos of your flowers, I bet you are all getting excited for the wedding and I am excited for all of you......:-) Hugs

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Glad you were okay after the storms. Your flowers are gorgeous. We have lots of azaleas in our town too. They are so gorgeous this time of year. I remember how itchy they were when I was a kid trying to play in them. You should have a countdown on your blog for the wedding!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I have missed you, but know that you are busy with wedding preparations. Those azaleas are huge, but are so pretty!!! And your knock-out roses are so beautiful too. I want to plant some of those. I have regular roses, but don't have the knock-out variety. Glad you did not have storm damage. Love & blessings from NC!

Miriam said...

Your flowers are beautiful Donna!

I'm glad the tornadoes don't hit your area.

Jan said...

Awwww Donna, such gorgeous flowers and your property looks beautiful :) Thankful that you didn't encounter any problems from the storms and praying for your neighbor's down the road that did! After living in SFL for 30 years, I know what "mother nature" can do sometimes. Oh and I think the Blog looks awesome :) Blessings to you too my dear.