Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yard Work ...

I have been working in the yard today planting flowers in baskets and pots! 
These pink azaleas are in our backyard. The plants are so full of little pink flowers and just gorgeous!  My white azaleas are about to bloom too!
I also noticed one of my peony bushes about to bloom for the very first time!



This is my snowball bush with small buds about to open up. The bush is full of white blooms and is beautiful! We are expecting rain with tornadoes on Saturday ... we need the rain but I hope my plants do not get destroyed just when they are blossoming out.

And finally here are my new working in the yard shoes!  These are the most comfortable pair of slip on "tennies".  I love the color .... PURPLE with hearts on the side.  Misha has a pair and I just had to know where she got hers.   I went the next day and bought me some at WalMart for $12!!  Gotta love them!
We did plant 36 tomato plants, several types of peppers and we will plant squash, okra and cucumbers in our vegetable garden.  I love to be able to go out in the summer and pick fresh veggies from our own garden.

In my hanging baskets I have planted sweet potato vines, marigolds, begonias, impatiens, dusty miller and creeping jenny.  It was too late to take pictures of all my work ... I will try to  post pictures tomorrow!  I have had so many things going on with the wedding, sewing, working in the house and yard ... but it does keep my mind busy. 

I am going to try to visit blogs this weekend since the weatherman is predicting severe weather for Saturday ... I just hope the internet is working!

God Bless and thanks for visiting!
Donna

11 comments:

Valentina said...

Can't wait to see your Peonies!!!!
more pix, please!
a desperate gardener with no garden to call her own who lives in an apartment in the midst of the concrete jungle ravished by spring allergies... i do sound pathetic! 'wink'

Bernie said...

Oh everything sounds so nice and you sound so busy. I love knowing you are doing things you love to do........the wedding is exciting and I am sure you want your house and yard to look lovely when friends and family visit at that time.
Don't over do sweetie, looking forward to seeing your pictures.......:-) Hugs

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Looking forward to seeing how your garden grows! I'm thinking of taking a pic of our poor neglected back yard and sending it in for a chance of a make-over! Sure needs one!

Miriam said...

Your pink azalea is gorgeous!!! My azaleas only have a few flowers at the moment. I love your snow ball bush!! We had one when I was a child.
Cute shoes!!
Your garden sounds beautiful. I hope you get all those vegetables planted.

I really hope you don't get any tornadoes!!!!!


Keeping busy is good!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds like you have been busy! Sure hope those storms calm down before they get to us. :(
Enjoy your weekend.

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

How busy you've been! Your azaleas are so pretty. My pink ones are full of blooms too. I want a snowball bush. I have a spot for it, but I have to get a bothersome old holly bush taken up first.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Donna, good to see you stop by! I've been planting and working in the yard too & my hubby is planting a garden for us. Loving the rain this weekend, we needed it.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Love those shoes! Your flowers look so gorgeous. My grandparents always had a snowball bush and it was always so pretty. I can't seem to find one for my own garden.

We started getting seed germination in our kitchen garden! So exciting. Can't wait to see your garden grow too.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
Your flowers look so pretty...love your snowball bush...we just planted two snowball trees and can't wait to see them grow! Hope you have a great week:)

Blessings,
Linda

Jen in NY said...

Your azaleas are so pretty...I think we're getting some for our new front landscaping. I love peonies too...ours have buds on them, nowhere near blooms though. Don't you love the scent of them? Mmmmm! Love the sneaks!

Jan said...

Gorgeous flowers Donna and I love those purple shoes! Unfortunately, my thumbs are brown; but I so love seeing what all you talented gals can create outside :)