Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Nashville Flood

I am still here! 
I have been so busy with Jennifer's wedding ... all the last minute details.  We are having a bridal shower here at my house on Saturday so I have been busy with attempting to clean my house!

I am saddened by the Nashville floods.  We have had so many memories of Nashville and the Opryland Hotel over the years.  It was one of  Amber and Jennifer's favorite places to visit over the years.  It is so hard to believe that it is flooded as I have seen on television and the internet.  Over the years we have stayed there when it was all decked out for Christmas and when the quilt show was held there in August for years we stayed there.  I can still see my husband pushing Amber around in her wheelchair along all the lush greenery and all the pictures we have taken there.  Every time we would stay there Jennifer would want her picture taken on one of the staircases in the same place each time.  So many memories!

These are pictures I took the last time we were there.
It is so hard to believe the pictures I have seen and thinking about all the water in the hotel.

All the walkways we have strolled through now under water.

And the Grand Ole Opry ... so many memories there too.  We are country music fans and have been to the Opry so many times.  I have pictures of us standing on the stage at the Opry (I looked bad in them ... that's why I didn't post them!)
My heart feels so sad for all the people of Nashville and the surrounding areas.  It is such a beautiful area with wonderful people.  I know it will take months to get back to normal.  Please remember these people in your prayers tonight.

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna

10 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I too am saddened by all the destruction from the flooding and feel so for the people involved in the Nashville area. I know you all are excited about the upcoming wedding. It will be a beautiful event, but a very bittersweet day for your family. Today is my daughter's 3rd wedding anniversary. Love & blessings from NC!

erin said...

at least you have those beautiful memories which will last forever. things seem to be getting better here, except the traffic from all of the broken bridges! i am sure you are busy, busy, busy with the wedding plans? remember to have FUN and try not to stress too much! take care.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
This is very sad about the Nashville area. When is the BIG DAY? I know you must be having a wonderful time with Jennifer...it's such a SPECIAL time in her life!

Blessings,
Linda

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds like you have been busy!
My heart goes out to the victims of all this devastation. There are other areas in West Tn that are hurting also.

Bernie said...

I have been following the flood on CNN. My heart aches for everyone, it is devastating. keeping everyone in my heart and prayers.
.......:-) Hug

Miriam said...

Good luck with the bridal shower on Saturday! Have fun!

Those photos are amazing!!!
It is sad to hear of the floods.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

We were in Nashville about 3 years ago. Such a fun place to visit and so sad to see so much devastation. My family is headed out that way next week for my nephew's graduation from Vanderbilt. (My little family is staying here - extended family is going.) I wonder what they'll be able to see and visit. My prayers are with the people of Tennessee.

Laura said...

Hi Donna-

The photos of the flood have been so frightening.
Good luck with your wedding preparations.
I enjoyed visiting,
Laura

White Spray Paint

Jan said...

Oh Donna, the devastation in Nashville is definitely heart breaking for sure! I met some friends there 2 yrs ago for the Quilt Show and we stayed at that gorgeous Resort I never did learn my way around it, but I enjoyed it soooo much! I hate to even think what it will do to their local economy. On a brighter note, sure hope the Shower today is a grand success :) I'll be anxiously awaiting your report! God Bless and Happy Mother's Day :)

Thelma said...

I hope the shower was fun and a success.

My brother and his wife were in Nashville for a romantic anniversary getaway the weekend they got all that rain . I felt bad for them, they maybe get out of town without the kids and dog once every 3 years.

I'm thinking of you on this Mothers Day, a bittersweet day for you I'm sure.