Thursday, June 24, 2010

Flip Flop Pillow ...

I made this flip flop pillow for the guest book and program attendant at Jennifer's wedding.  The young lady who was chosen has Cerebral Palsey and is a sweet friend of our family.  Jennifer was giving the bridesmaids Yellow Box flip flops to wear at the reception so their feet would not hurt dancing.  We knew our sweet friend could not wear flip flops so I made her this flip flop pillow!

I could slide my foot into this soft pillow!
I knew the colors of her bedroom and then chose pink and green for the pillow.
The size is 17" x 8" x 3"...  a large flip flop!

Here you can see the "sole" of the flip flop with the green pin point fabric.  I decorated the thong of the flops with roses and ribbons I found at Hobby Lobby.  Our sweet friend just adored her pillow!

This pattern is very easy to make.  I think any young girl or someone who lives on the beach would love to have a Flip Flop Pillow!
  I hope you enjoyed one of many things I made for the wedding!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless,
Donna

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

That is so cute! My daughter works with a young woman with CP. Perhaps she'll make one for Ali. Where did you find the pattern? ♥♫

Bernie said...

What a wonderful idea....and thoughtful. I am sure she loves this pillow and appreciates that you made it for her.....:-) Hugs

Jan said...

What an adorable pillow Donna! Absolutely precious and such a thoughtful gift that I'm sure will be treasured!!! Great finds at your friend's yard sale too! All pieces are beautiful :) Hope you're enjoying the "aftermath!" Hugs to you and God Bless :)