Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More Wedding Pics

Lots of pictures!
I hope I don't bore you.  These are pics I took myself before the wedding on Saturday.

Jennifer came back to her hometown to get married in the church where she and Amber were baptized together.  This church holds many memories!  The pastor that baptized them conducted the wedding ceremony.

Sashes hanging from wreaths on the front doors of the church.  There were four of these.

Close up of the W's I embroidered.

This one was taken from the balcony above.  You can see the photographers taking the professional ones!
Pictures were taken before the wedding to save time for the reception.

Getting everyone in place!

The bridesmaids dresses were a light purple color (iris) ... Amber's favorite color.  You can tell that Jennifer wanted her sister to really be a part of this wedding!  The flowers were bright colorful summer blooms.  The bridesmaids bouquets are in the post below.

Pew markers ...

Picture of Amber in her prom dress and the candle lit for her during the ceremony.

Unity candles...

I made these charms to attach to mine and Jennifer's bouquets with Amber's picture on one side.  On the opposite side is a piece of the purple dress she has on in the picture above with a few sequins and strands of her hair.  We will cherish these charms forever! 
She walked down the aisle with us :)

Jennifer getting dressed.

These pictures are pictures I took of the bridal album I have of bridal portraits taken several weeks ago.

Jennifer was getting tired the day of bridal portraits and stooped down when this pic was taken.  I love it!

I can't wait to see the professional photos.

I can't believe my baby girl is married!  She is now in Hawaii on her honeymoon!

Next post will be of the reception.  You have to see the dress Jennifer changed into halfway through the reception.  It is adorable!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless,
Donna

13 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Oh Donna, everything is so beautiful. Jennifer looks so pretty. And I love her dress. The charms were amazing that you made with Amber's picture. You will cherish those forever! And like you said, Amber walked with both of you on Saturday. How special!!! Can't wait to see more of your pictures. I know the happy couple is having a wonderful time in Hawaii. Thanks so much for sharing your special day with us. Love & blessings from NC!

9405018--Pat said...

Everything is so beautiful..can't wait to see more..thanks for sharing...Pat H

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh Donna what a beautiful wedding and your daughter is just so beautiful. The charms for Amber in the bouquets were just the perfect touch and so very heart warming. I got a little choked up when I saw those and knew what you put in them. I can't wait to see more. You are such a sweetie to share these pictures.

Bernie said...

Now you have me doing what I told you not too, I am in tears.....the charms are beautiful, Amber's picture is gorgeous.....you are a very strong lady and I am proud to call you my friend.
Jennifer is absolutely breathtaking - I knew she would be.....love the flowers, her dress, the sashes, the pew markers, all wonderful.
Everything.is.beautiful......many hugs..:-)

I took forever enlarging and looking at all the pictures, thank you for sharing Donna, I feel like I was there and I am looking forward to seeing even more.....Sending so much love from Canada......xo

Sandy said...

I am sure it was a beautiful day and all the planning was worth it. Good memories for all.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
What a beautiful wedding...Jennifer was such a pretty bride...luv her dress and how she had her hair done. The wreaths were outstanding and you did an awesome job on the monogram. Looking forward to more beautiful pics:)

Blessings,
Linda

Mama Pea said...

Those charms you made were really neat. What a wonderful idea. Your daughters are beautiful!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Beautiful!!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

So pretty -- and so many thoughtful and memorable touches that make this so personal to the couple and family. How lovely!

Jeanette said...

What a wonderful way you incorporated Amber into the wedding. She was with you in spirit.

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing such a special day with us.I'm looking forward to more pictures. ♥♫

Kerrie said...

Gosh, Jennifer is so beautiful and sure likes like her Mama! Everything is just forgeous! Hugs, Kerrie

Kat said...

Hi Donna

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and especially for your very sweet comment. I hope you'll come back again...you're always welcome.

I've sure enjoyed my visit here to your beautiful blog! I've had fun reading lots of posts, especially those about your daughter's wedding. Our daughter was married 6 weeks ago right on "our" beach. Did you see photos and the slideshow? It was such a special time as I'm sure you are aware. Lots of blood, sweat and tears in the planning but so worth it to see her joy. Your daughter was a beautiful bride!

Donna, I am so sorry about your loss of Amber. I can only imagine how hard it was, is and will always be. Your idea of ways to honor her memory and make her a part of the wedding was so touching and special.

Now that the wedding is over...take my advice and kick back and do things you enjoy. Be a little selfish for awhile. You deserve it.

Hope to see you soon.

Hugs!
Kat