Monday, June 21, 2010

Thrifty Finds

I am joining Linda at Coastal Charm for her weekly Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays. I always enjoy seeing what other nifty items bloggers have found. Please go by and visit Linda and read about the Alabama Gulf Coast. It is a beautiful place to visit ... just a few hours from my home.



My neighbor had a yardsale several weeks ago and what she didn't sell she was giving to the local thrift store. I didn't see dishes on the tables ... they were all in a box. Good thing I asked. Here are a couple of things I brought home.


This is an old ironstone dish ... I think it is a gravy bowl. I just thought it was adorable and free! I am using it in a bedroom with flowers at this moment. Who knows where it will be tomorrow! I love old ironstone pieces.

This is a closeup of a Homer Laughlin platter that I brought home with me too. I love the floral design on this piece.


Another look at the platter.
I will probably hang it somewhere in a room I hope to redo soon.
Best of all they were free!

Thank you for all of your comments on the wedding ... whew I am glad it is over! It is a joyful time, but so stressful at times.  I am now going to be sewing more and tending my garden.

Thanks for visiting and God Bless,
Donna

9 comments:

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Wow! Free? Those are wonderful. What a great neighbor!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thanks Donna for coming to my NTT party...luv your FREE items...what a sweet neighbor you have!

Blessings,
Linda

Creations By Cindy said...

FREE? Yep, my kind of deals. I love that plate. Be blessed. Cindy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Free is good! :)

Natasha said...

You were at the right place at the right time for sure-those pieces are fabulous!

Best wishes for a lovely day,
Natasha.

Jen in NY said...

Beautiful dishes Donna! I love them. No surprise we like the same things, once again! :-) Jen

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Donna, what great items you got from your neighbor. Love those special treasures. As they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure! Have a wonderful week. Love & blessings from NC!

Bernie said...

Your dishes are lovely and being free makes them even more beautiful......:-) Hugs

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Oh wow! What a score.