Monday, June 28, 2010

Thrifty Finds

I am linking up to Linda at Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays.
My favorite store Hobby Lobby is having an 80 percent off sale and I found some great deals this week.  I always love a great deal!  I hate to pay full price for anything.  Here are  three of my thrifty finds.

I love this amber colored glass  fleur de leis!  It will go in my bathroom. 
It was marked down to $2. 


I also love crowns (my husband calls me Queen Kahuna - long story).  Anytime I see something with a crown I love it!  This is a bottle that can be filled ... I will use colored water.  It has a  picture frame on top of the stopper. It was $2.


And this is a large piece and it was only $4!!  I snatched it up in a hurry! 
 I think we should live by this saying everyday of our lives. 
LIVE LAUGH LOVE

I have enjoyed joining the Bloggerette Sister Sorority and I am still going through the list.  I will eventually get around to meeting all the Sistas!

Thank you for visiting and God Bless!
Donna

7 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Very nice! You did find some great deals!

Mama Pea said...

Great finds! I can never find great stuff like that at such a good price. I'm impressed!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice finds! I love it when HL has their 80% off sales.

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Great thrifty finds, Donna. Thanks for sharing.

Jen in NY said...

Love your Hobby Lobby finds. I checked out their 80 percent off sale here and didn't find anything as nice as you did! I'm coming to yours next time!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What great treasures you found thrifting. Love them. Love your crown bottle especially. Thanks for your very sweet visit!

from my front porch... said...

Donna, I just love all your hobby lobby finds!
Antique looking perfume bottles are my thing! I, too, fill them with colored water or better yet....Mr Clean! The 2 Frebreeze scents!

I have a funny for you...

A neighbor of ours who is *how should I put this* not a nice human being, stopped by the house w/ her hubs. She is VERY critical of me, our home etc. And she always has to use our bathroom.She likes to snoop! I always direct her to the guest bath.
A few weeks ago the same scenario. When she came into the living room, after using the BR, she was rubbing her wrists together. She made a comment to me in front of J, and her husband that she just LOVED the perfume ( after she told me she hated the colors we just re-did the bath in) I had sitting in the guest bath and she hoped I didn't mind her using a bit for her wrists and spritzing her clothes!

I couldn't resist,Donna, telling her in front of her hubby that she had just sprayed on My Clean!!!!!!!!!!!!! She turned beet red and proceded to tell me I should not have perfume bottles filled w/ Mr Clean! I retorted with "Most people are not rude enough to use another person's personal items while using a bathroom in another person's home".

I hope I don't sound mean but if you knew everything she has said to me over the last five years...you would say, Go Misha!!!

Happy 4th of july!!!!
xo, & hugs! misha

xo, misha