Monday, July 19, 2010

Back Home!

 My husband and I have been away a few days to the AQS Quilt Show in Knoxville.  I enjoyed seeing all of the quilts.  So much inspiration there too!  I also did a little shopping too :)  We went to the quilt show on Thursday.

We arrived in Pigeon Forge on Wednesday and had the day to go to the Titanic Museum.  It was such a treat.
Here is the replica they have built.  You are not allowed to take any pictures inside the "Titanic".    I could have spent many hours looking at the items they have displayed and read about the stories.  We were given a boarding pass as we entered of a person who was on the Titanic when it sank.  At the end of the tour you see if your person survived and mine and my husband's passenger survived.  What an amazing story. 
There is a new restaurant across from the Christmas Inn where we stay and it is called the Partridge and Pear.  We were given VIP passes through the Inn for our meal on Thursday night before it opened on Friday.  It was not only delicious  but beautiful inside.  Each dining room has a name and we were seated in the "Angel Room".  Angels are handpainted on the ceiling.  I felt as if Amber was watching down on us the entire meal.  I just sat there thinking of all the rooms ... we were seated in the "Angel Room".

It is a beautiful restaurant on the outside as well!
Here is a waiting area in the restaurant.  I love the huge fireplace and mantel.  Of course it was decorated with pears and partridges to go with the Christmas theme!  Gorgeous place!

Flowers outside the hotel.  I wonder why my flowers do not look like this!  Maybe I need a full time gardener! LOL

The pond with waterfall in front of the hotel.

The outside looking up to the fifth floor where we stayed.   I am always glad to get away for a few days but I am definitely a "homebody". 

It was a very different vacation for us :(  It was the first time in about 20 years we had been to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg by ourselves.  We always had Amber with us. 
Oh how I miss my oldest daughter!  It will be one year the 24th that she went to Heaven.  I will do a special post for her later this week.  I have been very emotional ... please pray for me and my family!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna

9 comments:

debbie said...

DEAR DONNA,
I AM HUGGING YOU REAL TIGHT AND MY PRAYERS AND TEARS ARE WITH YOU.
I HAVE HAD SOME DARK DAYS BUT I STOPPED TALKING ABOUT THEM AND JUST ASK, HOW CAN I HELP YOU. PEOPLE AVOID THE BLOGS OF THE MOTHERS WHO HAVE CHILDREN IN HEAVEN BECAUSE IN ONE TWINKLING OF AN EYE THEY COULD BE IN OUR SHOES...I PRAY NOT ONE MORE MOTHER FEEL THE HORRID, EMPTY PAIN WE FEEL. YES, WE KNOW LIFE GOES ON...WE SEE LIFE PASSING US BY...AND WE ONLY HAVE A GRAVE TO GO TO THAT HOLDS THE SHELL OF OUR DAUGHTER.
I AM PRAYING FOR YOU FOR THIS VERY DIFFICULT DAY...THAT GOD WILL GIVE YOU A PEACE THAT PASSETH ALL UNDERSTANDING...GOD'S PEACE...THE WARMTH AND LOVE OF AMBER...PLEASE TELL AMBER THAT I LOVE HER AND TO PLEASE GIVE AMY A HUG. I KNOW THAT ALL THE CHILDREN WHO ARE THERE WITH AMBER WILL BLOW YOU A THOUSAND KISSES.
I AM SOOOOO VERY SORRY DONNA.
LOVE AND HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE
I WOULD LOVE TO TOUR THE TITANIC...OK GRANNY SAID THERE IS ALSO A TITANIC EXHIBIT AT SILVER DOLLAR CITY AND YOU CANNOT TAKE PICTURES THERE EITHER....I HAVE FELL IN LOVE WITH RESEARCHING THE TITANIC AND HAVE MADE MANY SCRAPBOOKS.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
I'm happy to hear that you had a great time on your trip with your hubby...that hotel looks like a wonderful place to stay. I also have been thinking about Amber...I knew that this was near the time that she went to live with our lord and savior...I will be praying for your family this week...take care.

Blessings,
Linda

erin said...

well how did you like our hot weather here in tennessee?! although it's probably the same where you are. i did not know about the titanic exhibit...that looks fantastic. praying for you, my dear.

Marilyn said...

Because we have faith in our loving God and the gift of his GRACE, we know our loved ones are at home. May He give you lasting peace in your heart and healing. I know that He's working in me, too.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I'm really liking that water feature. Mine is just a little birdbath!! Ah well, maybe someday! ♥♫

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip. I am a homebody also - did not always be like this.
Have a great week.

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Thinking of you sweet Donna!!

Bernie said...

Your trip sounds wonderful, so happy you and hubby were able to get away for a few days.
Sending you big hugs and tons of prayers, it will be okay my friend.......:-) Hugs

To Mommies and Beyond said...

I am a new follower and a new member of the Bloggerette Society. I am making my rounds to "meet" all of the lovely ladies in the society. I would love for you to visit me @ www.mommiesandbeyond.com

Miriam said...

Thinking of you lots this week, Donna. ((hugs))

Thank you for sharing the photos from your holiday. I love the pond and waterfall.