Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Finally ... My New Bag

I finally finished my bag I was making after nearly a week.  I purchased the kit last year from the Fat Quarter Shop but did not get around to making it last summer.
I love the summery look of the batik fabrics.  There are watermelons, strawberries and cherries!  It is called the Manhattan Bag.  A gal can never have too many purses!

I also purchased some fabric from Sharon at Daisy Cottage Quilting.  Look how cute she has it packaged!


Love the yellow gingham paper tied with the red gingham bow!  So cute! 

This is what was inside ... Flower Sugar fabric by Lecien.  Love it!  Sharon had nearly sold out of it ... everyone else must love it too!  I don't know what I will make ... I just love the polka dots and dainty flowers.

We are busy turning my old sewing room next to the kitchen into a pantry so I have been going through fabric and finding all kinds of things I was looking for!  We hope to get the room painted tomorrow with tile going down on Friday.

I hope it is cooler where you are because it sure is hot here ... UGH!  I am about ready for fall!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna

7 comments:

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Love Love Love the new fabric!! It would be wonderful if you would find something that combined them.

I just finished cleaning out my linen closet and found ALL KINDS OF THINGS in there. It was almost like a treasure hunt!!

It's hot as blazes here! Days like this make me wonder why in the world my ancestors decided on Texas!

Cindy said...

Yes hot..hot..and more hot!! I do like that fabric!! I will check out her site! Thanks.

I saw some watermellon placemats the other day..yours are still the best yet!!

Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Marilyn said...

Very cute purse. Sarah got several new patterns, one of which is for bags. Maybe I should get them out and try one before school starts! I'm ready for cooler temps, too! ♥♫

Bernie said...

I so love your new bag....very chic!

Your fabric is gorgeous, I am looking forward to seeing what you make with them
Hope you are taking pictures of before and after of your new pantry.
....:-)Hugs

Miriam said...

A very cute bag, Donna. :)
What a sweet package from Sharon. I looove the floral fabric!!

Do you have plans for a new sewing room?

I hope the weather cools off for you.

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Oh, Donna, your bag is lovely. You did a great job. And I love that fabric from Sharon.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love your pretty bag! Thanks for your sweet visit to my Greek post -- I loved the naps too!