Monday, August 16, 2010

$2 Silver Covered Casserole

I am joining two parties 

   
and
The home across the highway from us was being auctioned off this Saturday along with the contents of the house.  The lady who passed away last summer loved antiques and glassware.  I knew the family and decided to attend.  I had never been to an auction in my life.  It was fun!

Here is just one item I bid on for $2.00!!!

This silver covered casserole.  My sweet husband cleaned it with silver cleaner for me and it looks great.  All it needs is a silver polish and it is good to go!


Another look at my find.
The glass bowl was even on the inside and fits perfectly.
I was thrilled with all my goods I came home with and I can't wait to show you  more!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna

12 comments:

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

That's a beautiful dish. I can't believe you only paid $2 for it. Crazy good!

Bernie said...

You find the best buys of anyone I know, be it at a market, garage sale and now an auction. I love this.....:-)Hugs

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Great find! That is a beautiful piece.

Marilyn said...

That is a wonderful bargain! I was at an auction one time and just was too restless to wait. There was so much stuff and I guess I wanted to "get it now". Lucky you. ♥♫

Debbie said...

Donna that is a gorgeous find. I have a thrift party that starts every Friday goes all weekend...hope to see you there sometime...I love this stuff! Debbie

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty! You did good.:)

Rettabug said...

Its a real treasure but it kinda makes me sad that her family sold it for only $2. Wonder what my stuff will go for when my kids don't want it anymore??

I'm sure she is smiling down on you for taking good care of it, though.

Jeanne said...

Hi Donna, I really love your beautiful bargain. I have one just like it. It has the glass bowl too. Smile. It is fun to use for a nice dinner with your pretty china. Enjoy it.

Hugs, Jeanne

Mama Pea said...

We started going to auctions when we lived in Ohio and got addicted to them. You can pick up some great stuff there. This was a good find!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how wonderful! I just recently found a silver casserole/covered vegetable bowl at GW -- but it was missing the lining bowl -- I know I'll drive myself crazy looking for one!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

So do you have the auction bug now?!! Aren't they fun?

Manuela@TPOH said...

Gorgeous and what I steal! I've never been to an auction. They look so exciting on TV!

Manuela