Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Milk Glass

I think the summer heat has gotten to me.  I am ready for Fall!  This is the hottest summer we have had in years.  It is a little cooler here today with lower humidity.

I am linking up to Linda's Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
I thought I would share some more of my treasures I bid on at the auction I went to last weekend.  I was asked how often I go to an auction ... I have never been to one in my life.  But hey ... it was fun! 

Here are my pretties...


I bid on these 2 milk glass bowls for $12!  They were being sold in pairs.  They are actually bigger than what they look like in the picture.  They measure about 8 inches across the top.  I love them.  I have some faux cherries I am going to put in one of them and use in my kitchen.  I had been looking for something like these at an antique shop in the area and they were expensive.  Glad I waited!

I will definitely go to another auction if I see one in the area ... now that I know how to bid! 

Have a good week and thanks for visiting!
Donna








12 comments:

Cindy said...

Good job!! I bet they are cute with the fruit in them. I have never been to an auction before..I too think it would be fun.

Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
You did really good on these milk glass candy dishes...$6 each is like yard sale prices!!! Thanks for coming to NTT and also for posting my giveaway on your blog:)

Blessings,
Linda

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Donna, I collect milk glass and these bowls are gorgeous. I love them! You sure got a great deal. What a treasure. I have been to very few auctions , but it looks like you hit the jackpot. Hope you are having a nice week. Love & blessings from NC!

Jeanette said...

I love to go to auctions and have a few pieces of milk glass. Be careful they are addictive!

erin said...

good treasures!i collect milk glass and those would certainly add to my collection. i am so excited about the slightly cooler weather...i am ready for fall too!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Cherries will look pretty in the mild glass bowl. It was around 90 today , but the humidity was down, so felt much better, and the air was more clear.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Those are beautiful...I have a couple pieces that I found at GW!

Rondell

Bernie said...

You did very well my friend, love these 2 pieces....somehow you find the nicest things for bargain price.....:-) Hugs

Marilyn said...

I look for milk glass when thrifting because Sarah likes it. You have some nice looking pieces! I am ready for cooler days, also. ♥♫

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh, the milk glass bowls are beautiful!!! Very nice job on bidding for them at the auction :) :) :) I love yard sales, garage sales, thrift shops...I haven't been to an auction yet. Although I did pass a red barn sale awhile back, but didn't realize until later, it wasn't the barn for sale...but the stuff inside!!!! I'd read somewhere there are really cool things to look at and purchase. I hope you have a really good weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What pretty bowls! I've never been to an auction - perhaps one day. Thanks for your sweet visit this week. I'm ready for fall weather too -- the heat this summer was wicked!

shannon i olson said...

yeah I found milk glass too! how fun for us.