Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rooster Party

Welcome!


Welcome to the party!
I have always loved roosters and when I heard about the Rooster Party hosted by Barb of Bella Vista
 I knew I had to join the party!

Display on top of the china cabinet in my kitchen.  I love the simple white rooster.


He rules the kitchen!
While I was taking the picture above I looked down in my  china "teapot" cabinet and here was this little cutie looking at me!  He wanted to join the party!
Roosters on the china cabinet in the dining room.

 


Notice the baby roosters :)
I love these little ones!
This rooster lamp is in our family room in a corner used as an accent light.  The lampshade has little feathers on the edging.  I love rooster lamps. Wish I had more.
On the kitchen counter.  These are salt and pepper shakers.
They sit under this thrift store lamp I revamped.  I matched the shade to match my valance over the kitchen sink.  I need to share my kitchen in another post.
I even have roosters in my new pantry.
The egg basket was my grandmothers.  I wonder how many eggs she gathered in that little basket!
Rooster plate from Hobby Lobby on clearance.  The best kind!
Sign from HL too!
I love this Lenox rooster.  It was purchased at the Lenox outlet in Pigeon Forge, TN.  It is a teapot.
Notice the bee on its neck and the butterfly on its back.  Too cute!
My cookie jar even has a rooster!  The cookie jar is half empty!  Wonder who ate them?
One side of my kitchen with the roosters.
I looked up and here is another rooster teapot that is perched on top of my cabinets.  They are everywhere! 

I have you have enjoyed some of my rooster collection.  Please visit Barb and see what everyone has to share on her blog.  What a fun party.

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna

28 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Great rooster collection, Donna. I am participating, but I only have a few pictures. I don't have that many roosters. You have a lovely home. I enjoyed seeing your collection. Love & blessings from NC!

Marilyn said...

I wish my mom had a computer so she could enjoy all your roosters! She has a few, but not as many as you do. I love that cookie jar~must have been Cookie Monster that visited your house. ♥♫

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Wow! Looks like the roos have really come to roost at your home! Thanks for sharing your delightful collection (I especially like that lamp) And also, thank you for your very sweet visit too!

Jen in NY said...

Love your roosters Donna...looks like that cookie jar is half full though. ;-) The plate from HL is gorgeous!!

Bernie said...

Love these roosters Donna, every one of them look so much at home right where they are.
So cute.......:-) Hugs

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

So stinkin cute!!! I just love seeing a theme carried throughout the house. It makes everything just flow....(I got that from watching HGTV :-)

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

You have some wonderful roosters! I am really enjoying this party. Come visit me and see my roosters, if you have time!
Penny

Kelly Howard said...

I love them ALL! Everything is just beautiful! I really love the name of your blog too!

Nancy said...

Lovely collection! The teapot is just darling!

Nancy

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Cute collection...love that rooster lamp!

Blessings,
Linda

Melissa Miller said...

Donna everything is so pretty! Wow! I adore your finged lamp. Gorgeous! *Smiles*

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Everything is very pretty, I love your cookie jar!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Donna,

Your roosters look right at home with you. Makes it all cozy! Nice work on that little lamp too. I think your rooster lamp might be my favorite. Do you have a favorite?

Kaye - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

Ohhh, what lovely rooster collectibles including such great ceramic roosters! Thank you for a lovely Rooster party visit. :)

Kaye - SandwichINK.com

sewingseeds4U said...

Thid blog party definitely show off your beautiful rooster collection. You have so many beauties!

Keetha Denise Broyles said...

Love the Lenox teapot and the cookie jar!

Happy roostering!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

How fun! What a cute collection.

Scrapping With Sherry said...

Love your Rooster collection... How do you pick a favorite?

I hope you received my email... I wanted to stop by and let you know that I am having a giveaway and didnt want you to miss it... You are going to need some new craft stash for scrapbooking! ;-)

Take Care~ Sherry

shannon i olson said...

Beautiful roosters. I really like the solid white one and your cookie jar.

Manuela@TPOH said...

What a great collection of roosters! I like the white one and I always love the little ones because they're so easy to tuck into places!

Manuela

Jennifer said...

Hi! You have a great collection of roosters! I really like your displays. I am a fellow Alabamian! Take care!

Shelia said...

Hi Donna! Oh, what a wonderful Rooster collection you have. I dearly love that Lenox tea pot. Is the pattern called Butterfly Meadows? I have the dishes and they have little bees on them that look like this.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jan said...

What a beautiful collection of Roosters Donna!!! It would be extremely hard to pick a favorite and I loved seeing bits and pieces of your lovely home :) Tks so much for all your prayers. I so appreciate them and you :) God Bless!!!

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

My goodness, you have so many great roosters, Donna. I'm going back and look some more. Thanks for sharing.

someplace in thyme said...

I love your rooster collection, but my oh my, that cookie jar is wonderful, Char

Homemade Quilts by Granny said...

I too like the white rooster...I don't have a white one myself...thinking if I can find one for a bargain I will paint him. Trish

Miriam said...

Wow!! Sooo many roosters!!!

My favourute is the roster tea pot! Very cute!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I have finally made it to the S blogs for the rooster party! I love your collection of roosters! There is something about a white rooster that I like!