Monday, September 27, 2010

Milk Glass Teacups

I am linking to Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays for a thrifty find I found this past week. Please visit Linda and see what other thrifty finds are posted this week.

I was on my way to Walmart last week when I decided I would stop at a thrift store on the way. Afterall it doesn't hurt to look to see what you just might find. I am instantly drawn to the dishes. I have seen so many teacups made into pincushions on blogs. I was looking to find some teacups (I will not use my grandmothers!!) and found these milk glass teacups! I looked at the price and I instantly snatched them up ... forgot about the other teacups, paid and left the store! 

Here are my "new" teacups.  Not even a crack or chip.  I love them!  I will have to go back another day to look for teacups for pincushions :)

$4.99 for all four! 
(My picture loaded sideways...blogger is not liking me tonight!)

And today I was shopping with a friend and found some more cherries for my milk glass pretties I purchased at an estate sale a few weeks ago I posted about.   If you love Mary Engelbreit you must have cherries!

If you haven't entered my Fall Giveaway please go to the Fall Giveaway picture on my sidebar and enter. 
 It finally feels like Fall here today with a high near 70 degrees.  Love it!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna

10 comments:

Bernie said...

I can't get over all the lovely things you find when thrift shopping, I love these teacups.
How have you been, and how is Jennifer doing?
We are having beautiful weather here Donna, absolutely gorgeous Fall weather and I love it.
Be well my dear friend....:-) Hugs

Carol at Serendipity said...

Donna,

What wonderful finds. I love the cherries in the compote.

Carol

Mama Pea said...

You're doing it again...finding all this cute stuff and doing such neat stuff with it! REally cool!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Donna,
It was your lucky day...now all you need is a teacup so you can make a cute pincushion...I'm sure you will find the perfect one!

Blessings,
Linda

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice deal! I really like the cherries in the compote (?).
Temps here are wonderful, just hope we get rain soon. It is so dry - I just looked out and a squirrel was eating on a wax begonia and I feel sure it was looking for moisture.
Enjoy your week.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh, the milkglass pieces are really nice. I inherited quite a bit of what I believe is Depression glass from my aunt...formerly belonged to my grandmother, and her parents before that. I have this one vase that looks like milk glass...but it could also be hobnail glass? Not sure...but anyway, your pieces are really pretty and such a great find at a wonderful price :) :) Have a great week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Jen in NY said...

I don't have any milk glass but I really like it. You got a great deal, those cups are beautiful! I've been looking for teacups too for pincushions...there were some pretty ones at Christmas Tree Shops, I might get some while I'm there later in the week. :-)

Jan said...

What a beautiful find and I adore those cherries in that gorgeous bowl :) I too have admired many of the "tea cup pin cushions out there;" and will be anxiously awaiting your creation, so hurry up and find those t-cups for 'em :)

And my dear I simply cannot thank you enough for your continued love, support and prayers :) You my dear are an angel!!!! God Bless :)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh your milk glass is so pretty! Love the cherries in the bowl as well. Can't wait to see your tea cup creations. Thanks for your sweet (as always) visit.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Darling! I would have kept them, too, and made pincushions out of something else.