Monday, September 13, 2010

Sunflowers ...

My husband and I took a day trip to Marietta, Georgia last week to a quilt shop that was featured in Quilt Sampler magazine.  It's just a two hour drive.  I had been there last Fall and I knew it was a great quilt shop so my husband is the greatest sport and went with me.  He is so patient .... God love him! 
On our way to Georgia I was having second thoughts about our trip ... just an uneasy feeling.  I told my husband how I felt and he asked if I wanted to go back home.  I said I would be okay.  Of course I was missing Amber and had her on my mind.  I knew Jennifer was safely at work ...I had texted her. 
So we continued on our way.  Suddenly on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere there was this huge field of sunflowers ... Amber's favorite!  It was like she was telling me everything is okay and to enjoy myself for the day.  It was like those huge sunflowers were just smiling at me!  I know she is always watching down on me and she just sent me a little message from Heaven!
On the way back home I had my husband pull off the side of the highway so I could take a picture of the field of sunflowers.  I told you he was patient!   Aren't they beautiful!!  They were huge!  Every time I see a sunflower I smile :)

Up until today I haven't been in the mood to decorate for Fall.  I am ready for Fall but I haven't unpacked my decorations.
I did spruce up my wreath and hang it on the front door.  I will do more decorating tomorrow. 

First I had to do one thing and that was change Amber's flowers to Fall ones and they are sunflowers!

I went to the cemetery late this evening about sunset and sat and arranged Amber's sunflowers on her gravesite.  I included purple accent flowers since she loved the color purple.
Now that I have most important sunflowers in their place maybe I can get my house decorated.  And yes there are sunflowers everywhere!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna

I am posting my first giveaway in my next post so check back with me :)

5 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Love all your sunflowers. I want to plant some in my garden next year. That bouquet you put on Amber's gravesite is beautiful. I am sure you are missing her. I hope you are feeling comforted.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

We used to have a family member who lived in Marietta. I hope you enjoyed your visit to the quilt shop. My kind of store! Those sunflowers are beautiful. What a sweet "message" from Amber. We get messages from from heaven all the time too. It is just as if that person is telling you that everything is going to be OK. The flowers at the grave are so pretty! Hope you are doing well. Enjoy this beautiful fall season. We welcomed 2 babies into our family today. (My nephew's wife had a baby and my cousin had a grandson born today). God is good! Love & blessings from NC!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love your pretty sunflowers -- the always look like a smiling face to me. Thanks for your sweet visit to my sunflower tablescape this week -- we must have been on the same wave length. You alway leave such sweet notes and I really appreciate that. Happy Autumn!

Marilyn said...

My messages from Wally seem to be nails. He could fix anything, but had started to work with wood. I sure do miss all his talents! ♥♫

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your wreath and bouquet are so pretty. I usually get some sunflowers at the farmers' market this time of the year, but haven't yet.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend.