Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Just Rambling...

This is some of my fall decor in yard.  I have more pumpkins on the porch with mums but was unable to take pics because we finally had rain!  We haven't had rain in weeks.  It has been a very dry Autumn here in our area.

I have been busy organizing and cleaning my sewing room.  I could barely walk in there.  I have several quilts started ... the one I have been working on a few posts back,  the BOM by John'aLee from The Scrappy Appleyard, BOM's from my local quilt shop and I am working on a quilted Christmas ornament.  Let's see I have machine embroidery projects to finish and a small quilt to make for a friend.  She doesn't sew and loved the quilt.  She is no hurry ... thank goodness!

My husband has been hunting out of state and my phone rings constantly.  My family and friends know I am home alone which is so different for me.  They keep check on me for sure!
This was always the time when Amber and I always scrapbooked together or whatever we wanted to do!  We would take naps and stay up late and just have girl time. She would plan our meals for us and I would cook whatever she wanted and play computer games.  We always put together a computer puzzle every night.  I helped her "farm" her farm on FarmTown on Facebook which I still "farm" to this day!  It gives me comfort to see the little red headed girl with her overalls on that she created run around on her farm.  She name her farm Sunny Daze!  I always keep sunflowers planted on one of the fields I "tend".   Oh how I miss my girl!

Now I am trying to pick out photos from Jennifer's wedding in June to put in mine and my husband's wedding album!  Trying to select 120 photos out of hundreds is impossible.  No wonder it is October and I still haven't decided!  There are so many wonderful pics.  Jennifer can't decide either!  I have intended to post some of the professional pics from the wedding.  She was a beautiful bride! 
She called me earlier (she has the day off and has to work a long weekend) and wanted to know if I would meet her tomorrow to have lunch and do a little shopping. 
Jennifer is the best daughter any mother could have!  She is an angel here on earth :)  She was such a wonderful sissy to Amber and has made her daddy and I so proud.  She is a wonderful Christian young lady and warms my heart with her sweet smile!  She and I can cry together and tell so many stories about Amber.  They were so close in age (23 months apart) and were always giggling as little girls!  Oh how I cherish the memories :)

You know I think I will leave this messy house tomorrow and join her after I stay up late and do some "farming"!

Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna

9 comments:

Jen in NY said...

I think it's so sweet that you take care of Amber's farm. Your family sounds so close and loving...you are a great mom, you raised wonderful girls and you should be very proud. I'm so glad Jennifer and you have each other while your husband's away. {{hugs}}

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Donna, God blessed you with 2 beautiful daughters! I know you miss Amber so much. I enjoy hearing your stories about her. She was a precious young woman. I'm so thankful that you live close by and can enjoy time with Jennifer. She sounds like an amazing young woman too. I know what you mean about the wedding pictures. It is so hard to choose. I think it is so neat that you still take care of Amber's farm. I'm sure that is great therapy for you. Every time I see a sunflower now, I think of Amber. Your yard decoration is so pretty. Have a wonderful time with Jennifer tomorrow. I'm with you, the messy sewing room will still be there, so go and enjoy time with your precious daughter. Have fun!!!!!! Love & blessings from NC!

Mama Pea said...

Donna, it is so nice that you have such fond memories to help you cope with your loss. I am so happy for you that you have such a wonderful daughter in Jennifer. That has to help, too. Definitely take time out from cleaning to go do some shopping. My mom lives so far away from me now...I miss being able to call her up and do those sorts of things with her, too. I used to live only 30 minutes from her and could go see a chick flick or something with her whenever I wanted. Sigh.

By the way, see what I mean about your decorating ability?! Your little outdoor scene puts mine to shame!!! Good job. Come for a visit and give me lessons anytime!!!

Lindsay said...

Jen is a angel! Glad ya'll got to spend the day together!! We went to the new outlet malls in leeds....lots of fun stores so ya'll should def get out there to check it out =)

Bernie said...

You sound like you are in a good place Donna, I love knowing you are spending time with Jennifer, she is lovely. To play on Amber's farm must be fun. Be well my friend.....:-) Hugs

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Sounds like you are having a fun stay-cation; enjoy your time and your memories!

from my front porch... said...

Sunny Daze Sunflower Farm! Sounds like a wonderful blog name :)
I really enjoy reading about Amber! It helps me to get to know you even better! I have fallen in love with sweet Amber through you :)

Donna, I am having a giveaway! C'mon on over~
xo, misha

cottonfieldfarm said...

Dear Donna, I love the way you keep Amber alive. Our loved ones will always be alive through us. My sweet, oldest daughter went to Heaven almost 23 years ago at the age of 13, but I still miss her and keep her with me each day. Thank you for sharing your story and the special ways you remember Amber. God bless you and your family. I'm your newest follower and neighbor from Florida (NW)! Please come over to the farm for a visit when you have time. Sincerely, Regina

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a pretty Fall display. I'm sure that Amber would love that her farm gives you comfort. Your Jennifer sounds like a very special young woman. Thanks for your visit to my spooky Halloween table.