Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Quilt Block In Memory of Amber

John'aLee of The Scrappy Appleyard has dedicated a quilt block to Amber in her latest BOM Buttercream Summer.  I saw John'aLee at the quilt show in Knoxville (I could just sit and look at her booth all day) and she was working on the 1st block.  She was working on a drawing of a sunflower block when I told her my daughter, Amber had loved sunflowers.  She remembered my story  about Amber going to Heaven.  Please go visit her blog and see the block!  She is the sweetest lady and so inspiring with her work.
Thank you John'aLee from me and Amber :)  She is watching with a big smile from Heaven. 
Thanks for visiting and God Bless!
Donna


11 comments:

ABamaMom said...

Wow! Such a gorgeous block! And so sweet of her to dedicate it to Amber. I love her work!

Bernie said...

It is lovely Donna, how kind of her. So glad you got to meet her and see her quilts. Always in my heart and prayers.....:-) Hugs

Miriam said...

What a beautiful idea!

The sunflower block is perfect!

Mama Pea said...

I gave you a sunshine award on my blog today. Check it out: http://peasinapod.typepad.com/peas-in-a-pod/2010/10/sunshine-award.html. Thanks for all you do! I appreciate your blog-friendship!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Donna, that is so awesome! I know you so thrilled. What a special tribute to your precious Amber! I am not familiar with this lady, but she does beautiful work. That is so neat that you got to meet her. I can't wait to follow her and see how the quilt develops. Have a wonderful weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

Lindsay said...

so sweet!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Donna, this is terrific! What a honor.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh Donna, the block is so beautiful just as you've let us see Amber was.

Jen in NY said...

That is so sweet Donna. Amber and you have touched the lives of so many. {hugs}

Katie said...

Donna, I know this means so much to you. How very very special.

John'aLee said...

Hi Donna!
I just about have it done. I've worked over 10 hours a day the last two days to get it finished before I move. I just have to replace two of the petals and stitch around them. I sure hope you like it my friend!